Mailing List Archive

NCS5k - long downtime during optical failover
Hi,

I have 2 x NCS5k connected using 100G-LR4 Optomark optics over an
optical protected circuit from my provider which uses ALS.
A 3 seconds downtime can bee seen (tested with BFD, ICMP, OSPF, etc.)
during a provider switchover from work to protection path (or vice
versa) even though the measured recovery time during such events using
Exfo testers is under 100ms.

The carrier-delay value is configured to 10 seconds hence no interface
flap, the only event seen in the logs being the RX_FAULT messages due to
provider's ALS.

Anyone seen something like this and can point me in the right direction?
The next stop would be to open a TAC case of course.

Thanks!