Mailing List Archive

netconf-yang feature candidate-datastore
Hi folks,

Was just wondering why I can't configure "netconf-yang feature
candidate-datastore" on csr1k?

All I have is:

(config)#netconf-yang ?

cisco-ia Configure cisco-ia parameters

cisco-odm Configure cisco-odm parameters

ssh Configure ssh options

<cr>

There's not even a "feature" branch in the above.

This is on 16.06

And I have the AX license:

Index 28 Feature: ax_2500M

License Type: Permanent

Start Date: N/A, End Date: Sep 17 2019

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: Non-Counted

License Priority: Medium

Any pointers appreciated,

Thanks in advance

adam

Re: netconf-yang feature candidate-datastore [ In reply to ]
Hey Adam,

On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 at 17:08, <adamv0025@netconsultings.com> wrote:

> Was just wondering why I can't configure "netconf-yang feature
> candidate-datastore" on csr1k?

Unsure what your problem is, but enable netconf-yang first, then try
candidate. I've used the CSR1k candidate storage with python and
kotlin library and was able to move from config A to config B with
very trivial config. One problem is that it will only accept XML
config, not native IOS format, which is kinda dumb, as obviously the
system is capable of doing native => xml => native.

--
++ytti
> > Was just wondering why I can't configure "netconf-yang feature
> > candidate-datastore" on csr1k?
>
> Unsure what your problem is, but enable netconf-yang first, then try
> candidate. I've used the CSR1k candidate storage with python and kotlin
> library and was able to move from config A to config B with very trivial config.
> One problem is that it will only accept XML config, not native IOS format,
> which is kinda dumb, as obviously the system is capable of doing native =>
> xml => native.

I guess my problem is I can't enable the candidate-datastore as there's no option to enable that feature, (or any feature for that matter) not sure why.
I was thinking I could use it the way candidate config works on XR.(diff, rollback, etc..)

adam

Re: netconf-yang feature candidate-datastore [ In reply to ]
The XML requirement doesn't sound odd since this is netconf/yang we are
talking about.

Re: netconf-yang feature candidate-datastore [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 at 00:00, Aaron <dudepron@gmail.com> wrote:

> The XML requirement doesn't sound odd since this is netconf/yang we are talking about.

The rational architecture has master format X, and then it has
outputters and inputters for each supported format. So anyX to anyY
works by inputting anyX to master and outputting anyY from master.

Example, Junos, you can offer it config in any format it supports or
get the format out in any format it supports.

Even in IOS-XE, you obviously can get any config out in nativeIOS or
XML, you can also put any config in in nativeIOS (it understands
startup-config) or XML. So all the pieces actually are there, it's
just poor design it won't accept native over netconf/candidate.

--
++ytti