FORTHnet S.A.
<achatz@forthnet.gr>
***********************************
RE: max session-timeout [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> What is the maximum session timeout (absolute timeout) supported by
> cisco routers? Does it depend on platform and ios version?

It might depend on IOS release, but it's not platform-specific.

r3(config-if)#timeout absolute ?
<0-35790> Session lifetime (in minutes)

As we're also using this config command when applying a per-user
"Session-Timeout" Radius attribute, we seem to be limited to this value
(a bit more than 24 days).

oli
Re: max session-timeout [ In reply to ]
Do you happen to know which ios version between the following 2 increased it?

12.1(11)
--------
3640(config-if)#timeout absolute ?
<0-35790> Session lifetime (in minutes)

12.2(15)T8
----------
5300(config-if)#timeout absolute ?
<0-71582787> Session lifetime (in minutes)

--
***********************************
Chatzithomaoglou Anastasios
RE: max session-timeout [ In reply to ]
> Do you happen to know which ios version between the following 2
> increased it?
>
> 12.1(11)
> --------
> 3640(config-if)#timeout absolute ?
> <0-35790> Session lifetime (in minutes)
>

> 12.2(15)T8
> 5300(config-if)#timeout absolute ?
> <0-71582787> Session lifetime (in minutes)

You're right, I just checked a 12.2 release. This was fixed by
CSCdw27408 in 12.2(7.5)T and others. Now you're indeed limited to 2^32-1
secs..

oli