Mailing List Archive

IP Route Profile
Does anybody have any idea what "ip route profile" means or does? I found
it in a config, but I can't find any documentation on CCO for it.
Re: IP Route Profile [ In reply to ]
> Does anybody have any idea what "ip route profile" means or does? I found
> it in a config, but I can't find any documentation on CCO for it.

Good question. "ip route profile" was implemented way back in late '96
by CSCdi76662. However we have historically refrained from documenting
this (CSCdk01634, CSCdz19775) as this has been declared to be a hidden
command that "should not be used by customers".

However, in fact this is NOT a hidden command ... so I've just now
gone ahead and reopened CSCdz19775.

On to what this command does ...

Introduction

The Route Table Profiling feature was developed to assist network
engineers in monitoring routing table fluctuations, which may be
the result of route flapping, network failure, or network service
restoration. This feature was added in CSCdi76662 to the 11.1CC
train of Cisco IOS.

The Route Table Profiling feature is an undocumented and
unsupported feature. There is no MIB support provided.

Configuration

The Route Table Profiling feature is enabled globally. The
command is "ip route profile" in global configuration mode. This
feature can be disabled with the command "no ip route profile" in
global configuration mode.

Routing table change statistics can be viewed with the "show ip
route profile" command in exec mode.

Documenting the format of these statistics is outside the scope of
this message. Hopefully we can make this public if/when we document
the feature.

Aaron