Kevin

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for
the
presence of computer viruses.

For more information contact postmaster@lancomms.ie

phone + 353 1 4093000

fax + 353 1 4093001
Re: Telling Actual speed on a Serial Link [ In reply to ]
Some serial interfaces (specifically ones using the Mueslix chipset)
can detect the receive clockrate. In "show controller" you would see
something like this:

M1T-T3 pa: show controller:
PAS unit 0, subunit 0, f/w version 3-92, rev ID 0x2800001, version 3
idb = 0x63BB92CC, ds = 0x63BBAA8C, ssb=0x63BBADC0
Clock mux=0x30, ucmd_ctrl=0x0, port_status=0x0
Serial config=0x8, line config=0x1B0202
maxdgram=4584, bufpool=128Kb, 256 particles

rxLOS inactive, rxLOF inactive, rxAIS inactive
txAIS active, rxRAI inactive, txRAI inactive
line state: down
cable type : T3 cable, received clockrate 44201430
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dennis

Re: Telling Actual speed on a Serial Link [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 09:02:52AM -0700, Dennis Peng wrote:
> Some serial interfaces (specifically ones using the Mueslix chipset)
> can detect the receive clockrate. In "show controller" you would see
> something like this:
> [...]
> cable type : T3 cable, received clockrate 44201430
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I may add that on the 7500 platform, you need to log on to the VIP
in order to get this controller output.

Best regards,
Daniel
RE: Telling Actual speed on a Serial Link [ In reply to ]
Sorry Dennis you mentioned before on the list the Mueslix
cards. However I should have asked more speficically the
WIC-1T and WIC-2T cards ?

Regards,
Kevin

RE: Telling Actual speed on a Serial Link [ In reply to ]
Kevin,

This is not possible on WIC-1T and WIC-2T cards due to the chipset they
use not supporting it.

Stephen Fisher, CCNP
UPS Supply Chain Solutions
Sr. Telcom Engineer