my Group-async0 interface and 'autoselect ppp and 'autoselect
during-login' on my lines?

.............thanks in advance.........Jamie

James Savage York University
Senior Communications Tech. 108 Steacie Building
jsavage@yorku.ca 4700 Keele Street
ph: 416-736-2100 ext. 22605 Toronto, Ontario
fax: 416-736-5701 M3J 1P3, CANADA
Re: concurrent support for dial-up scripts and CHAP? [ In reply to ]
Jamie,

Yes you can support users dialing in and authenticating either in
character mode (dialup script) or via PPP (CHAP or PAP). Here's the
idea ...

aaa authentication login default group tacacs ! for character mode logins
aaa authentication ppp default group tacacs if-needed ! [1]
int group-async1
encapsulation ppp
async mode interactive

line 1/0 1/59
autoselect ppp
autoselect during-login

[1] if-needed means that authentication in PPP is skipped if the call
has already done character mode authentication

Aaron

---

Re: concurrent support for dial-up scripts and CHAP? [ In reply to ]
Thanks Aaron.....yes we've since got it to work.....we've written our own
TACACS and that's where the problem was (which I assumed but needed to be
sure my 5350 config was fine).....however, I wasn't aware of the 'if
needed' scenario...that could make things better for us.

.......as always, I appreciate your help.....thx............Jamie

James Savage York University
Senior Communications Tech. 108 Steacie Building
jsavage@yorku.ca 4700 Keele Street
ph: 416-736-2100 ext. 22605 Toronto, Ontario
fax: 416-736-5701 M3J 1P3, CANADA

Aaron Leonard <Aaron@cisco.com>
06/22/2006 11:21 AM

Jamie Savage <jsavage@yorku.ca>
cc
cisco-nas@puck.nether.net
Subject
Re: [cisco-nas] concurrent support for dial-up scripts and CHAP?