Mailing List Archive

RADIUS - Local Pools in NPE-G1
Sorry for the cross-post, but I'm dead in the water...

Good morning all,

I did a CPU upgrade on a 7200 last night, from an NPE-400 to a NPE-G1. This
router is being used to terminate PPPoVPDN DSL clients. All went well with
the upgrade, except for some reason the IP addresses my radius config sends
are now being ignored - every session is given an IP from the default local
pool.

I have diffed the configs - everything seems to be the same.

The only thing I can think of is that the NPE-G1 handles avpairs
differently. Any news?

Thanks

Rob

---
Checked for viruses by Transact Bermuda
Re: RADIUS - Local Pools in NPE-G1 [ In reply to ]
Until someone more knowledgable replies, a generic piece of advice:

One 'bug' I run into on computer upgrades is that a new chip/OS is
sometimes more *strict* about syntax and default conditions than the
previous version. Check your config and make sure you've followed the
strict "dot the i's and cross the t's" from the docs. Something that was
allowed to 'default' on the old chip may now insist that the 'by the book'
requirements be specified. Pay careful attention to notes about any
deprecated syntax you may have been using. It might have just become
inoperable on the new chip.

Hope this helps. If not, suggest you post your config to the list.....

- Charles (*not* a Cisco expert)