Mailing List Archive

AS5350 & 12.3(6)
Hello!

I have got strange problem with 12.3(6) on AS5350 (8E1 + 216 DSP).

First of all 'sh modem' do not work:

kv-mo-as1#sh modem ?
% Unrecognized command
kv-mo-as1#sh modem summary
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

It also should be noted that 12.3(6) on AS5300 performs 'sh modem' without any
problems.

The 5350 box is mostly used for analog/ISDN V.110 data calls termination.
Despite mentioned above 'sh modem' problem box works great, however after
approx. 50-60 hours of operation it starts performing some of incoming calls
badly. Due to high calls rate it is difficult to debug situation from AS5350
side. From terminal programm and dialout modem it looks like just established
call might stall just after CONNECT for approx. 20 seconds without any input
from AS5350 side, after that call terminates by AS5350.

After approx. 100 hours of operataion percentage of badly processed calls raise
to more than 50%. Software reload solves problem for next ~100 hours.

It looks like there is no problems with badly processed calls with 12.3(6) on
AS5300.

Due to active usage of "AAA Server Groups Based on DNIS" I must stay with
12.3 or switch to 12.2T.

I have tried to downgrade to 12.3(5)b, but switched back to 12.3(6) due to
problems with V.110 calls processing in 12.3(5)b.

Can someone recommend particular 12.2T or 12.3 IOS version, which works good
in real practice on AS5350? (with working 'sh modem', please :-)

Volodymyr.
Re: AS5350 & 12.3(6) [ In reply to ]
Volodymyr Yakovenko wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have got strange problem with 12.3(6) on AS5350 (8E1 + 216 DSP).
>
> First of all 'sh modem' do not work:
>
> kv-mo-as1#sh modem ?
> % Unrecognized command
> kv-mo-as1#sh modem summary
> ^
> % Invalid input detected at '^' marker.
>
> It also should be noted that 12.3(6) on AS5300 performs 'sh modem' without any
> problems.

You should use "show port modem" & "show spe modem" instead ;-)

--
Chatzithomaoglou Anastasios