authentication for these users and radius for normal users or use two
radius servers, one for normal users and another for guests?

Regards.
RE: 2 radius server for a nas [ In reply to ]
Hi Rivo,

> I use as5350 nas and a radius server but need to give restricted
> access to guest users and can't give access to these users to change
> their passwords on the radius server, is it possible to have a local
> authentication for these users and radius for normal users or use two
> radius servers, one for normal users and another for guests?

Can you introduce a different DNIS for guests? If so you can ether use
RPM to assign a different template which references a local ppp
authentication/authorization method or use the "aaa dnis map
{authentication|authorization}" feature on your "regular" users' DNIS to
assign your "normal" AAA server group for this DNIS while configuring
"aaa authen ppp default local"/"aaa author network default local" to be
used by all other DNIS.

But maybe you can also prevent guest users from changing their password
on your Radius server?

oli
RE: 2 radius server for a nas [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:

> > I use as5350 nas and a radius server but need to give restricted
> > access to guest users and can't give access to these users to change
> > their passwords on the radius server, is it possible to have a local
> > authentication for these users and radius for normal users or use two
> > radius servers, one for normal users and another for guests?
>
> Can you introduce a different DNIS for guests? If so you can ether use
> RPM to assign a different template which references a local ppp
> authentication/authorization method or use the "aaa dnis map
> {authentication|authorization}" feature on your "regular" users' DNIS to
> assign your "normal" AAA server group for this DNIS while configuring
> "aaa authen ppp default local"/"aaa author network default local" to be
> used by all other DNIS.
>
> But maybe you can also prevent guest users from changing their password
> on your Radius server?

how about just assigning an acl via cisco-avpairs to restrict the 'guest'
users to whichever access required ?

j.