There was no reconfiguration done so the upgrade is the only thing
I can think of that caused this. The previous IOS release in that
router was 12.0(7T).

I can't find anything about this in release notes or caveats for
recent IOS releases.

Anyone familiar with this problem/feature?

Thanks!

Peter Olsson pol@leissner.se
Re: Did IOS change behaviour for Type-5 OSPF links recently? [ In reply to ]
More information:
I removed the ospf network line in the neighbor of the router below,
and then inserted the network line again. That made the routes in the
Type-5 AS External Link States section come back in the routing table
of the router below. It will be interesting to see if these routes
"time out" again.

RE: Did IOS change behaviour for Type-5 OSPF linksrecently? [ In reply to ]
Hello Peter,
In Cisco IOS Software Release 12.1(3) and later, the Type-5 LSAs are no
longer created for connected networks included in the network statements
under router OSPF then redistribute connected is configured.
So, if you have network statement under ospf process "overlapping" with
redistribute connected network, you will lose Type-5 LSA in OSPF database in
favor of internal LSA.