Mailing List Archive

difference between bba-group and vpdn-group
On one of our LNS, we use the bba-group command to terminate PPP
sessions and on another we use vpdn-group pppoe?
Both are 7301's and running IOS 12.3(17c)

The config works on both - is there a difference or do they do the same
thing? Is one preferred over the other???

LNS1:
bba-group pppoe global
virtual-template 2

LNS2:
vpdn-group pppoe
accept-dialin
protocol pppoe
virtual-template 2

Thanks.

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.
Re: difference between bba-group and vpdn-group [ In reply to ]
Configuring PPPoE in a VPDN group limited PPPoE configuration options because only one PPPoE VPDN
group with one virtual template is permitted on a device.

The PPPoE Profiles feature (bba-group) provides simplicity and flexibility in PPPoE configuration by
separating PPPoE from VPDN configuration. The PPPoE Profiles feature allows multiple PPPoE profiles,
each with a different configuration, to be used on a single device.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/ftpprfls.html

--
Tassos