Mailing List Archive

A static DHCP entry for a PPPoE customer
Hi,

I am trying to assign IP addresses to PPPoE customer via local DHCP
pool on my BRAS. But I want to one customer to get a fixed IP address
everytime. I tried to fix the address on the basis of
mac/client-identifier but in vain. Any one did something similar or
any idea how to get this done?

My pertinent configs are as follows. I am able to get IP address from
the second pool "naeem" and I was even able to assign a fixed IP using
a similar configuration (using client-identifier) from the Ethernet
(LAN) interface of the router but I guess the DHCP request is a bit
different in this scenario.

vpdn enable
!
vpdn-group 1
accept-dialin
protocol pppoe
virtual-template 1

interface Virtual-Template1
ip unnumbered Loopback0
peer default ip address dhcp-pool imti naeem
ppp authentication pap

ip dhcp pool imti
host 172.16.255.129 255.255.255.0
hardware-address 6a75.6e61.6964
domain-name somedomain.com
dns-server 172.16.1.102 172.16.2.102
default-router 172.16.255.254
!
ip dhcp pool naeem
network 172.16.255.0 255.255.255.0
domain-name somedomain.com
dns-server 172.16.1.102 172.16.2.102
default-router 172.16.255.254

Junaid
Re: A static DHCP entry for a PPPoE customer [ In reply to ]
You can use Radius Server to deliver Fixed IP to users with pppoe
connections.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chap
ter09186a00804ec60a.html#wp1033311

Andres Felipe Arias G.

Coordinador de Infraestructura y Conectividad

Coldecon S.A - Regional Norte

Telefono: (574) 315 18 10

Movil:311-7461084/315-8465293(Plan Cia)

Msn:andres.felipe.arias@hotmail.com

Direccion: Cr 43F # 14-13

Medellin-Colombia

Re: A static DHCP entry for a PPPoE customer [ In reply to ]
Thank you for your input but I really need to find a solution with
DHCP. Any way I can fix the addresses for a few clients and let the
rest get addresses from a pool but all this via DHCP.

Junaid