Mailing List Archive

Wordpress MU - Configuring Virtual Server - help needed
Have two websites, one server: aa.com is the primary domain, and is set up
with Wordpress. I added the Multiuser version of Wordpress, and now have a
second domain, bb.com which is now running WP.

The primary domain has the Virtual Server configuration when you install it
from Cherokee. It works perfect, nothing needs to change.

The second domain, bb.com, doesn't have a Virtual Server, and hence, it does
not properly identify the location of let's say uploaded images.

Here's what happens:
Image location is here:
http://bb.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/2012/11/image.jpg

But Wordpress MU is trying to find it here:
http://bb.com/files/2012/11/image.jpg

I need to create a redirect rule so that /wp-content/blogs.dir/2/ is
eliminated in the request for the image. Wordpress is installed at
/srv/http/aa/wordpress.

I'm stumped, and am a newb at this stuff but trying to learn. How is this
done? Note, I've tried adding a second vserver using the instructions
posted, but it's just not working (I know the directories aren't right).

Thanks for any help/advice.

Re: Wordpress MU - Configuring Virtual Server - help needed [ In reply to ]
To provide more color on this topic. Here's what's happening in the virtual
servers:

- I have one wordpress virtual server, aa.com
- The virtual server works fine with the domain.com name when you use your
browser
- However, the second domain, bb.com will not show up in wordpress format
and instead shows the default cherokee page. Strangely, the workaround for
this is to add a Host Match, server IP, and enter 10.0.1.3 (local IP address
for the web server).
- Once you add this server IP, the bb.com will show up, but the images are
broken

Am struggling with this one big time, and about ready to throw in the towel.
I've tried following:

- Clone the aa.com wordpress site, re-work the configurations
- Tried a NEW virtual server for the bb.com domain, using this set up:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/cherokee-webserver-and-wordpress-mu?replies=2

Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Wordpress MU - Configuring Virtual Server - help needed [ In reply to ]
On 11/27/12 17:31, McPhail Hunt wrote:
> So I was under the impression that with Wordpress MU I need to set up a
> different vserver for each domain. I did ADD the domain like you
> suggested to vserver 20 and I also added the 10.0.1.3 (my local IP
> address). I also turned OFF the other two vservers for
> provenencerehab.com <http://provenencerehab.com> so that only one
> vserver is running.

I think you come from an Apache era ;) You should see adding multiple
domainnames just as 'match'. A match to get to a specific Virtual Server.

> If you visit both sites, you can see one works, the other,
> provenencerehab.com <http://provenencerehab.com> works, but is missing
> the redirection needed for the location of its files.
>
> For example in the wordpress admin, it says that an image is located here:
> http://provenencerehab.com/files/2012/11/kVglG.jpg
>
> Yet, in reality, the image is located here:
> http://provenencerehab.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/212/11/kVglG.jpg
>
> How can I configure a redirection to redirect /wp-content/blogs.dir/2/
> for provenencerehab.com <http://provenencerehab.com> AND also work with
> all the other rules to run wordpress for this site?
>
> Here's the new config file reflecting the above changes.

You should refer to the documentation on redirections. There is a
${host} modifier you could add to do an internal redirection (invisible
to do the user) so /files/ end up at /wp-content/%{host}/...

Using these blogs.dir/2/ is a bit unpractical... is there a way to
change that?

Stefan