easiest path to go down.

Cheers,
David
Re: Creating a Cherokee tar.gz [ In reply to ]
> I'm wanting to create a .tar.gz file from the latest source code from Git

You can download tar.gz from Github like this:

wget -O cherokee-webserver-9113399.tar.gz https://github.com/cherokee/webserver/tarball/9113399

And you need to download the CTK part separately:
wget -O cherokee-CTK-0af6bc8.tar.gz https://github.com/cherokee/CTK/tarball/0af6bc8

And then you need to merge the 2 repositories, so first untar them:
tar -xzf cherokee-webserver-9113399.tar.gz
tar -xzf cherokee-CTK-0af6bc8.tar.gz

then merge them:
mv cherokee-CTK-0af6bc8 cherokee-webserver-9113399/admin

After that you can recreate a tar.gz from the cherokee-webserver-9113399 directory.

Etienne
Re: Creating a Cherokee tar.gz [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this doesn't end up producing exactly
the same sort of tarball -- it's missing things like ./configure (which are
in the distributions on the website, but not in Git). For what it's worth,
this page http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/basics_installation_svn.htmldetails
that the tarball can be expected to have ./configure (and that it
won't be present in Git), but doesn't explain how to produce such a tarball.

Presumably it's a matter of using autogen.sh and/or `make` to against a
clone of the Git repository in order to generate these relevant pieces (eg
./configure), but I'm simply unsure as to the relevant configuration
options that autogen/configure should take when making such a release.
As mentioned, I see that there's the `make dist-gzip` command available, so
seemingly that's the gzipped tarball creation sorted.

Thanks,
David

Re: Creating a Cherokee tar.gz [ In reply to ]
autogen.sh is the same as configure for 'trunk' series. the same
parameters etc. Just use it instead.

Pozdrawiam
Jędrzej Nowak

Re: Creating a Cherokee tar.gz [ In reply to ]
I've utilised:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/cherokee/webserver.git
cd webserver
./autogen.sh
make dist-gzip

to produce a resulting .tar.gz distribution containing './configure' etc
suitable for use against the Fedora EPEL RPM packaging configuration.

Thanks,
David