In Apache22 file config, I have this:

AllowOverride FileInfo Options

What can be the equivalent for Cherokee ?

2 - I am looking for information (URL ?) concerning How To Secure
cherokee ...
With Apache2 I was using mod_security, is there any equivalent for
Cherokee ?

Thx a lot for your support

Re: Cherokee / Gallery3 / Hidden albums ?? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, thierry wrote:

> New to Cherokee, coming from Apache :)
> 1 - I am using Gallery3, and I still didn't find yet, the solution to be able
> to use the possibility to hide albums.
> In Apache22 file config, I have this:
>
> AllowOverride FileInfo Options

The only thing that comes to my mind is to make a specific entry in the
admin.

> 2 - I am looking for information (URL ?) concerning How To Secure cherokee
> With Apache2 I was using mod_security, is there any equivalent for Cherokee ?

There is no such thing as mod_security available currently for Cherokee.
But if you require specifics, you can always log a request for
enhancement at <http://bugs.cherokee-project.org/>

Stefan
Re: Cherokee / Gallery3 / Hidden albums ?? [ In reply to ]
On 12/08/2012 10:57, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, thierry wrote:
>
>> New to Cherokee, coming from Apache :)
>> 1 - I am using Gallery3, and I still didn't find yet, the solution to
>> be able to use the possibility to hide albums.
>> In Apache22 file config, I have this:
>>
>> AllowOverride FileInfo Options
>
> The only thing that comes to my mind is to make a specific entry in
> the admin.

Do you have any example of how to do this ??? I am not very familiar
with this :)

>> 2 - I am looking for information (URL ?) concerning How To Secure
>> cherokee ...
>> With Apache2 I was using mod_security, is there any equivalent for
>> Cherokee ?
>
> There is no such thing as mod_security available currently for
> Cherokee. But if you require specifics, you can always log a request
> for enhancement at <http://bugs.cherokee-project.org/>
>

> Stefan
I am looking for a URL who "speak" about security for Cherokee .... I
didn't speak specially about mod_security, but I am looking for
something equivalent ...

Thx for your help.

Re: Cherokee / Gallery3 / Hidden albums ?? [ In reply to ]
On 12.08.2012 09:48, thierry wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> New to Cherokee, coming from Apache
> 1 - I am using Gallery3, and I still didn't find yet, the solution to
> be able to use the possibility to hide albums.
> In Apache22 file config, I have this:
>
> AllowOverride FileInfo Options

This line only allow overriding the apache config in .htaccess files

> What can be the equivalent for Cherokee ?

to what ? to the above line ? this is like I said no configuration only
allowing to override the configuration from a other source (.htaccess)

> 2 - I am looking for information (URL ?) concerning How To Secure
> cherokee ...
> With Apache2 I was using mod_security, is there any equivalent for
> Cherokee ?
>
> Thx a lot for your support

i don't know what exactly u want limiting access to your web project?

u can try this:

in cherokee-admin
select ur virtual host
select tab behavior
select security
here u are u can configure a authentication method

or if u want to secure only a specific directory

select ur virtual host
add a new rule (click on the + above the rules list)
choose Directory
configure ur directory
on this rule u can find a security tab too (like on every rule)

regards micha