Mailing List Archive

SSL Help
Hi,

I am wondering if someone could help me setup SSL support with cherokee,
I have tried using the cookbook but had no luck.

I am using Cherokee 1.0.8 on Debian 6, this version doesn't have the
cherokee helper script for SSL.

Here are the steps that I'm taking:

1. Create a new CA
2. Create a key ` openssl genrsa -des3 --out mykey.pem 2048` (I need a
2048 key) (http://www.piir.ch/slackware-linux/openssl-ca.html)
3. Create the request ` openssl req -new -key mykey.pem -out cert.csr`
4. Send off this cert.csr and get back SSL certificate ( file.crt)
5. Setup the port on cherokee and enable the SSL module
6. Set the cherokee certificate to the file.crt
7. Set the cherokee certificate key to mykey.pem

When I attempt to launch cherokee it just times out (504), I'm assuming
I am doing something wrong though in the above steps (I've never setup
SSL before).

Would someone be able to help out with this.

Thanks in advance.

John.
Re: SSL Help [ In reply to ]
Did you add port 443 in Cherokee's port configuration?