a list of ip addresses to limit the possible security hole.

I can't use loadbalancer ip, but i can't leave x-Forwarded-For without any
content, is there a huge security issue or i'm being paranoic?
Re: X-Forwarded-For in amazon loadbalancer [ In reply to ]
On 02/01/2012 01:11 PM, jlan wrote:

> I can't use loadbalancer ip, but i can't leave x-Forwarded-For without
> any content, is there a huge security issue or i'm being paranoic?

Do not enable X-Forwarded-For without checking the origin. That'd allow
anyone to send requests to your server faking his IP. The integrity of
your log files would be jeopardized.
Re: X-Forwarded-For in amazon loadbalancer [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Alvaro Lopez Ortega <alvaro@alobbs.com>wrote:

> On 02/01/2012 01:11 PM, jlan wrote:
>

>> I can't use loadbalancer ip, but i can't leave x-Forwarded-For without
>> any content, is there a huge security issue or i'm being paranoic?
>>

> Do not enable X-Forwarded-For without checking the origin. That'd allow
> anyone to send requests to your server faking his IP. The integrity of your
> log files would be jeopardized.
>
> I think it'd be acceptable if all requests are going via the load
balancer. In this case, the last value in X-Forwarded-For will *always *be
from the load balancer, so you could trust it.
Re: X-Forwarded-For in amazon loadbalancer [ In reply to ]
You are right, it's more a dns thing.
In this configuratiĆ³n the A and CNAME registers are fixed in the balancer,
not the cherokee web servers (3 computers at this momment)
So it's ok.

Thanks for all.