Starting out problems.
Hi, I'm new to Cherokee, but have had a little experience with Apache web
servers. I've installed the server on Linux and started it via the
cherokee-admin. I'm just reading through the docs and am having a little
trouble understanding how it works.
If I enter http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 am I meant to see a 'It's
working' style confirmation screen?

Thanks.

Re: Starting out problems. [ In reply to ]
Yes, you will see the default it's working output initially.

That just means Cherokee is up and running as default empty configuration.

Now comes the fun part, putting your own content in there :)

Re: Starting out problems. [ In reply to ]
Hmm... Then I must be doing something wrong because I get a standard 'Could
not connect' browser error :(

I have no idea what to check though.

Re: Starting out problems. [ In reply to ]
Whoops, it seems getting that welcome screen is requires on PHP to be
installed. It works as expected now. Thanks.

Re: Starting out problems. [ In reply to ]
The default Cherokee install does not require PHP.

That may be true if you modified the default profile rather than
adding a new one and PHP was in that mixture of configuration.