Mailing List Archive

Cannot POST over HTTPS
First of all, merry Christmas to those of you celebrating it, and
happy holidays to those of you who do not!

I have a slight problem with Cherokee serving HTTPS. I have only tried
with PHP (phpMyAdmin, Mantis bug tracker, and phpLDAPAdmin), but I
know it works fine over plain HTTP. For some reason, any POST requests
cause Cherokee to return an empty response. I am not sure if it is due
to the server or client, but it also takes about a minute before the
browser throws the error. I have tried this with IE, Chrome, and
Firefox. Strangely, only Chrome has an issue with it. I have not tried
with Opera or any other browsers (due to lack of availability), but
the website is publicly accessible at https://0x3b.com/phpMA and even
submitting the wrong username/password causes it to return an empty
result. Cherokee knows it is serving an empty response; the access log
has lines with "200 0" for HTTPS, and "200 <the appropriate amount of
data>" for HTTP. For example:

10.67.98.106 - - [25/Dec/2011:10:14:18 -0500] "POST /phpMA/index.php
HTTP/1.1" 200 0 "https://0x3b.com/phpMA/"
10.67.98.106 - - [25/Dec/2011:10:16:56 -0500] "POST /phpMA/index.php
HTTP/1.1" 302 543 "http://0x3b.com/phpMA/"

I have tried this inside and outside the LAN, and with several other
computers. Also, I believe that phpMyAdmin should also be redirecting
with a 302 over HTTPS, but I still get a 200 return code.

I am running Cherokee 1.2.101 on Debian GNU/Linux (amd64) from the
"sid" repository, and the rest of the machine runs "wheezy". I have
put my cherokee.conf (skipping all vhosts except the first and the
MIME section; I am more than willing to provide these if needed, I
just didn't want to waste anyone's time with unneeded configuration
sections) at http://pastebin.com/82V2rhbY . Is there any other
information I can provide to help troubleshoot this issue?

Thank you for your time,
Ayron Jungren
Re: Cannot POST over HTTPS [ In reply to ]
Google is your friend.

I love the multiple layers of truth in this simple answer ;)

Stefan

Op 26 dec 2011 om 03:03 heeft Ayron Jungren <ajungren@0x3b.com> het
volgende geschreven:\

Re: Cannot POST over HTTPS [ In reply to ]
There's been several issues with SSL in Chrome recently. It's possible that
your issue is related to this bug:
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1284

Re: Cannot POST over HTTPS [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 4:03 AM, Stefan de Konink <stefan@konink.de> wrote:
> Google is your friend.
>
> I love the multiple layers of truth in this simple answer ;)
>
> Stefan

My apologies, I did not see bug #1284 from a Google search. The only
thing that I could find were the cookbook entries for SSL and PHP and
the (as far as I can see) irrelevant
http://groups.google.com/group/cherokee-http-dev/browse_thread/thread/dd86d8b2c5c454a6.

Do you need any help working on this bug? I don't have any experience
with the Cherokee code base but I do have experience with C, and I'd
like to be able to contribute usefully to the solution.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Daniel Lo Nigro <lists@dan.cx> wrote:
> There's been several issues with SSL in Chrome recently. It's possible that
> your issue is related to this
> bug: http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1284

Ah, I see. Thank you for pointing me to this bug!

Thanks again,
Ayron
Re: Cannot POST over HTTPS [ In reply to ]