Mailing List Archive

Long upload problem
Folks, I noticed that my cherokee 1.2.101 is giving me problem only when
the uploading lasts too long. Is not about the size of the file. I think
that's it because I was able to send
a bigger file in a faster connection without problem but, if the file is
really big (taking more than a few seconds to complete) I get a error.

Is there a parameter that controls how long a upload conection can last or
something?

--
"A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

===========================
Italo Moreira Campelo Maia
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação - UECE
Desenvolvedor WEB e Desktop (Java, Python, Lua)
Coordenador do Pug-CE
http://www.italomaia.com/
http://twitter.com/italomaia/
http://eusouolobomau.blogspot.com/
Turtle Linux 9.10 - http://tiny.cc/blogturtle910
Turtle Linux 10.10 - http://bit.ly/cEw4ET
===========================
Re: Long upload problem [ In reply to ]
You can set the timeout for a given Behavior through Restrictions ->
Connections Timeout -> Timeout or else for the entire instance of Cherokee
through General settings -> Network Behavior -> Timeout (secs). If you
don't want to do this for your entire behaviour what might be a solution is
to have a specific non-final Behavior set up looking for POST methods (or
other methods) and allowing an increased timeout for just those.

That said, I'm curious about the suggested practice for the same.

Re: Long upload problem [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the tip, David, but timeout is set to 15secs, and that's a lot!
Just to make sure, I timed how long it took for the connection to drop
while transfering a file using filebrowser. Well, the upload just ended
abruptly. It did not hang for a second. So, timeout is out, I believe.

I have been using cherokee for quite some time with ubuntu 10.04 and I have
updated it every so and then. Could it be some kind of incompatibility with
newer versions or something?

By the way, I contacted my hosting provider and asked for any problems with
my vps link. He reported all was fine, so, that is not the issue either. My
bet is with cherokee or ubuntu itself (unlikely). So, how will I test it?
Well, I wll try to send a file using ssh scp and see how it goes. If it
works, well, hellish days for me shall come...

Re: Long upload problem [ In reply to ]
scp worked like a charm! My bet is that cherokee is the culprit.

Re: Long upload problem [ In reply to ]
News on the subject, folks! After I changed the post-buffering and
post-buffering-buffsize for *uwsgi*, I started getting error reports from
my *django* application. My uwsgi deploy goes using socket. Were there any
changes in how cherokee deals with uwsgi or something?

Re: Long upload problem [ In reply to ]
Could there be a incompatibility between uwsgi and cherokee when uploading?
Adding to my last statement, I not only get error reports from the
application now but the upload breaks as soon as it starts. Before, there
was a few seconds before the connection problem(?).

Re: Long upload problem [ In reply to ]
Updated uwsgi to version 1.x and problem seems solved. I wonder which was
the incompatibility problem between uwsgi 0.9.6 and new cherokee versions.