Is there someone that can help me?

Thank you so much

A.

Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I've isntalled cherokee 1.2.101 on centos 6 minimal. I have to install make
and gcc before compile it, due the minimal os installation.

Cherokee works fine: it starts and reply to port 80 as usual, but I have a
problem with cherokee-admin. When i lauch it with cherokee-admin -b and I
try to connect to it from another PC, the browser on the another pc asks me
the user and password, and then hang forever... It will never finish to
load the admin page...

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
在 2011-11-18五的 01:09 -0800,uomogamma写道:
> Hi,
>
> I've isntalled cherokee 1.2.101 on centos 6 minimal. I have to install make
> and gcc before compile it, due the minimal os installation.
>
> Cherokee works fine: it starts and reply to port 80 as usual, but I have a
> problem with cherokee-admin. When i lauch it with cherokee-admin -b and I
> try to connect to it from another PC, the browser on the another pc asks me
> the user and password, and then hang forever... It will never finish to load
> the admin page...
>
> Is there someone that can help me?
>
> Thank you so much
>
> A.

what does the console say?

--
Best regards,
Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)

Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.
Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
On the shell where I've launched cherokee-admin -b, says nothing. Or should
I look in some other places?

A.

2011/11/18 Sharl.Jimh.Tsin [via Cherokee Web Server - General] <
ml-node+s1049476n5003741h61@n5.nabble.com>

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
在 2011-11-18五的 01:15 -0800,uomogamma写道:
> On the shell where I've launched cherokee-admin -b, says nothing. Or
> should I look in some other places?
>
> A.
>
> 2011/11/18 Sharl.Jimh.Tsin [via Cherokee Web Server - General]
> <[hidden email]>
> 在 2011-11-18五的 01:09 -0800,uomogamma写道:
>

> > Hi,
>

> > I've isntalled cherokee 1.2.101 on centos 6 minimal. I have
> to install make
> > and gcc before compile it, due the minimal os installation.
> >
> > Cherokee works fine: it starts and reply to port 80 as
> usual, but I have a
> > problem with cherokee-admin. When i lauch it with
> cherokee-admin -b and I
> > try to connect to it from another PC, the browser on the
> another pc asks me
> > the user and password, and then hang forever... It will
> never finish to load
> > the admin page...
> >
> > Is there someone that can help me?
> >
> > Thank you so much
> >
> > A.
> >
> > --
> what does the console say?
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Sharl.Jimh.Tsin (From China **Obviously Taiwan INCLUDED**)
>
> Using Gmail? Please read this important notice:
> http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/jstrap/gmail?10073.

> signature.asc (501 bytes) Download Attachment

> NAML

no need,maybe you should try cherokee-admin with "-u" for no-passwd and
"-p ##" for another port.

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
I've tryied with cherokee-admin -b -u -p80 and then try to connect with a
browser to port 80, but still hang... the browser remain in loading...

I've also totally disabled iptables

it seems that cherokee-admin did not works on centos 6 minimal (maybe some
package missing?)

ml-node+s1049476n5003748h78@n5.nabble.com>

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
Try binding it to a particular IP of the machine, especially if you are accessing it from another workstation.

--bind=x.x.x.x

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
no. It didn't work too. error 503 on the browser after some time

Is it possible to log the cherokee-admin to discover what is happening
inside it?

I'm frustrated... the process cherokee-admin is regularry loaded and
stable... but did not reply to the browser...

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
I had a similar problem once: Cherokee was running, but the Admin did
not load after I logged in. The problem was that I had no IP defined for
"localhost" in hosts. Maybe that also solves your problem?

As far as I remember, there was an error message added for this problem,
so if you run cherokee-admin in debug mode, you should be able to see if
that's really your problem: cherokee-admin -b -x

HTH,
Gregor

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
nope.

here is what the shell says with bebug mode:

[root@localhost ~]# cherokee-admin -u -b -p80 --bind=192.168.1.18 -x
[18/11/2011 11:05:35.599] (warning) rrd_tools.c:121 - Could not find the
rrdtool binary. | A custom rrdtool binary has not been defined, and the
server could not find one in the $PATH.

Cherokee Web Server 1.2.101 (Nov 18 2011): Listening on port 192.168.1.18:80
,
TLS disabled, IPv6 enabled, using epoll, 4096 fds system limit, max. 2041
connections, single thread

Web Interface:

DEBUG: SIGUSR1 invokes the console..
SIGUSR2 prints a backtrace..
Il server 1.2.101 è in esecuzione.. PID=1056 Port=4000

...and the browser still hangs...

Please help me...

I suppose that something is missing in centos 6 minimal...

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
here is something interesting from debug:

[root@localhost ~]# cherokee-admin -u -b -p80 --bind=192.168.1.18 -x
[18/11/2011 11:19:39.164] (warning) rrd_tools.c:121 - Could not find the
rrdtool binary. | A custom rrdtool binary has not been defined, and the
server could not find one in the $PATH.

Cherokee Web Server 1.2.101 (Nov 18 2011): Listening on port 192.168.1.18:80
,
TLS disabled, IPv6 enabled, using epoll, 4096 fds system limit, max. 2041
connections, single thread

Web Interface:

DEBUG: SIGUSR1 invokes the console..
SIGUSR2 prints a backtrace..
Il server 1.2.101 è in esecuzione.. PID=1194 Port=4000
Unhandled exception in thread started by <function thread_func at 0x269e848>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/cherokee/admin/server.py", line 139, in thread_func
index = market.Distro.Index()
File "/usr/local/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 51, in Index
global_index = Index_Class()
File "/usr/local/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 117, in
__init__
self.Update()
File "/usr/local/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 122, in
Update
local_file = cached_download (self.url)
File "/usr/local/share/cherokee/admin/market/Distro.py", line 85, in
cached_download
stream = opener.open (request, timeout=10)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 391, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 409, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 369, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1163, in http_open
return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/urllib2.py", line 1138, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error [Errno -2] Name or service not known>

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
Any idea?

Maybe is a cherokee-admin bug?
A.

Re: Problem on centos6 minimal [ In reply to ]
Hmm, perhaps some dependencies are missing? Maybe try install the Cherokee
package from epel-testing as that should pull all the required packages.
Not sure if it works on CentOS 6 as the one CentOS server I've got is still
on CentOS 5.