Stefano

--
Dott. Stefano Balocco
Re: Cherokee 1.2.99 - Front-line cache tests [ In reply to ]
Hello Stefano,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:12 PM, Stefano Balocco
<stefano.balocco@gmail.com>wrote:

> while building a 1.2.99 debian package for Lenny, I notice a
> strange thing: the "Front-line cache: MISS/HIT static" test works on
> x86 but fail on amd64.
> The problem seems that, on amd64, the server won't put the "X-Cache:
> HIT from localhost:1978" line (also the "Age" line is missed) but the
> cache file, in the flcache directory, exists.

Are those results consistent? I mean, does it _always_ work on x86 and
_always_ fail on amd64? As far as I have seen the problem seems to be caused
by a race condition.

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.octality.com/
Re: Cherokee 1.2.99 - Front-line cache tests [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:

> Are those results consistent? I mean, does it _always_ work on x86 and
> _always_ fail on amd64? As far as I have seen the problem seems to be caused
> by a race condition.

I love to figure that out ;)

Stefan
Re: Cherokee 1.2.99 - Front-line cache tests [ In reply to ]
> Are those results consistent? I mean, does it _always_ work on x86 and
> _always_ fail on amd64? As far as I have seen the problem seems to be caused
> by a race condition.

Confirmed, it always works on 32bit (even PPC) and fails on 64bit
consistently.

Going to browse source code a bit :)

Stefan
Re: Cherokee 1.2.99 - Front-line cache tests [ In reply to ]
> Are those results consistent? I mean, does it _always_ work on x86 and
> _always_ fail on amd64? As far as I have seen the problem seems to be caused
Yes, at least on my machines; every time I load the test server I got
the same results:
x86
http://pastebin.com/MuSEU8Ty
http://pastebin.com/CE7UFLMk

amd64
http://pastebin.com/ut5ivhpq
http://pastebin.com/xDWDSaZK

Regards,
Stefano

--
Dott. Stefano Balocco
Re: Cherokee 1.2.99 - Front-line cache tests [ In reply to ]
Hello Stefan,

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 11:09 PM, Stefan de Konink <stefan@konink.de> wrote:

> Are those results consistent? I mean, does it _always_ work on x86 and
>> _always_ fail on amd64? As far as I have seen the problem seems to be
>> caused
>> by a race condition.
>>

> Confirmed, it always works on 32bit (even PPC) and fails on 64bit
> consistently.

Lovely! This sort of issues are always easier to fix than race conditions.
The weird thing though, is that it works perfectly for me on MacOS X 10.6
for x86_64.

> Going to browse source code a bit :)

Let us know what you find out :-)

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.octality.com/
Re: Cherokee 1.2.99 - Front-line cache tests [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:

> Let us know what you find out :-)

My first hunch is the sizeof(int). But I give you the benefit of the
doubt, and actually gdb it ;)

This brings back the old Cherokee times... where cherokee only checked the
first 4 bytes on the HTTP command on 32bit... PROPFIND for the win ;)
Nostalgiaaaa...

Stefan