- SSL virtual hosting 'the old way'

Kind Regards,

Michiel
Re: cherokee and webdav [ In reply to ]
On 25/02/2010, at 21:18, Michiel van Es wrote:

> Is cherokee supporting Webdav?
> I am affraid not as I look at:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cherokee@lists.octality.com/msg00820.html - 2008
> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=718 - 2010
>
> Is there a roadmap for Cherokee where you could find options like:
>
> - webdav support
> - SSL virtual hosting 'the old way'

The WebDAV support is not a high-priotity RFE, so I wouldn't expect to see it in trunk within the upcoming 6 months or so - unless someone else steps up for the task.

The SSL IP-based virtual server support is much more likely to make it to trunk. I couldn't commit on a date though. Again, we have a few higher priority tasks to take care of before we could even think of working on it.

--
Octality
http://www.octality.com/

Re: cherokee and webdav [ In reply to ]
On 2/25/10 9:49 PM, Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:
> On 25/02/2010, at 21:18, Michiel van Es wrote:
>
>> Is cherokee supporting Webdav?
>> I am affraid not as I look at:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/cherokee@lists.octality.com/msg00820.html - 2008
>> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=718 - 2010
>>
>> Is there a roadmap for Cherokee where you could find options like:
>>
>> - webdav support
>> - SSL virtual hosting 'the old way'
>
> The WebDAV support is not a high-priotity RFE, so I wouldn't expect to see it in trunk within the upcoming 6 months or so - unless someone else steps up for the task.

I can use for the time being another solution aka Google Calendar but
prefer to store my private personal information on my own server and not
Googles' ;)

> The SSL IP-based virtual server support is much more likely to make it to trunk. I couldn't commit on a date though. Again, we have a few higher priority tasks to take care of before we could even think of working on it.

I saw that someone added some code fot this feature but understand from
Stefan there are other priorities like stability on the admin side..

Thanks for your update.

Michiel

Re: Cherokee and WebDAV [ In reply to ]
In case anyone was curious about the status of this support for a HTTP
reverse proxied WebDAV client in Cherokee, the recent fixed I've made with
regards to HTTP method handling take care of this. The issue was that
various methods -- see
https://github.com/cherokee/webserver/commit/e6d7fa953822f7f7747c3a1324301f17dba7219afor
details on which were affected (there were quite a few WebDAV-related
methods) -- weren't configured to accept request bodies. So, headers would
be received and processed by Cherokee, but not the body. This lead to my
back-end application being confused as it was only receiving part of the
expected request.

This fix is now in the latest version of Cherokee on GitHub and Cherokee
has a QA test to check this in future.

-- David