Gour

--

Gour | Hlapicina, Croatia | GPG key: F96FF5F6
Re: 504 Gateway Timeout (SOLVED) [ In reply to ]
>>>>> "Gour" == Gour <gour@gour-nitai.com> writes:

Gour> I see there is the following ticket

Gour> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=445

Gour> but there is no workaround?

Well, after reporting the issue on #cherokee, Alvaro jumped in and
provided patch which fix specific problem for my setup.

It will be, afaict, included in 0.99.21 release.

Cherokee development rocks (as well as the server itself)!!

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour (Gmail) | Hlapičina, Croatia | GPG key: F96FF5F6
Re: 504 Gateway Timeout (SOLVED) [ In reply to ]
On 19-jul-09, at 11:19, Gour wrote:

> Gour> I see there is the following ticket
> Gour> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=445
> Gour> but there is no workaround?
>
> Well, after reporting the issue on #cherokee, Alvaro jumped in and
> provided patch which fix specific problem for my setup.
>
> It will be, afaict, included in 0.99.21 release.

Thank _you_ for reporting and following up on this issue. Your help
has been very valuable. :-)

--
Greetings, alo
http://www.alobbs.com/

Re: 504 Gateway Timeout [ In reply to ]
Hey pigmej,

On 26/06/2010, at 20:02, Jędrzej Nowak wrote:

> Alvaro I have the same problem, so 100% problem is inside admin.
> It usually uses ~100% of CPU. So that's definitelly the problem.

That has nothing to do with the previous problem. Patrick's system is plain broken, that's the issue. I guess I made perfectly clear that gettext is required. But, again, the only way to improve Cherokee to run even in such a dysfunctional environment would be to get the Python back-trace I asked for. Instead, I got a bunch of mails with no information and way too many exclamation marks.

> I have no idea now what's going on, but ...

We can get your CPU hogging issue fixed for sure. Please, drop me a line next time we meet at IRC, and we'll investigate what's going on.

Cheers!

>>> http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/bundle_cherokee-admin.html
>>> http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/bundle_cherokee.html

>>> Tenth time: If you execute "cherokee-admin -x" the error will be printed
>>> in the console.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Octality
>>> http://www.octality.com/
>>
>> --
>> GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
>> Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01

Octality
http://www.octality.com/

Re: 504 Gateway Timeout [ In reply to ]
Hmm....

Sorry , I haven't read the whole Patrick's posts...
Pozdrawiam
Jędrzej Nowak

Re: 504 Gateway Timeout [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 19:51 -0700, Leonel Nunez wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I have a python app on with an Information Source. That information source
> is using localhost:9999
>
> This app needs to wait for a sync process, this process is taking sometime
> to complete, that time it's ok.
>
> I guess is taking more time to complete and cherokee returns 504 Gateway
> Timeout
>
> Searched the docs and the cherokee admin how to increase that timeout but
> found nothing about it.
>
> Is there a way to increase the timeout ?

I usually increase spawning timeout on source...

--
Mateusz Pawlowski <js@yllq.net>
Re: 504 Gateway Timeout [ In reply to ]
> On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 19:51 -0700, Leonel Nunez wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I have a python app on with an Information Source. That information
>> source
>> is using localhost:9999
>>
>> This app needs to wait for a sync process, this process is taking
>> sometime
>> to complete, that time it's ok.
>>
>> I guess is taking more time to complete and cherokee returns 504 Gateway
>> Timeout
>>
>> Searched the docs and the cherokee admin how to increase that timeout
>> but
>> found nothing about it.
>>
>> Is there a way to increase the timeout ?
>

> I usually increase spawning timeout on source...
>

> --
> Mateusz Pawlowski <js@yllq.net>

Thank you .. I believed that timeout was only for a new interpreter in
case the information source died

Leonel