Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings
Issue 88 in cherokee: [idea] handler_media [ In reply to ]
Issue 88: [idea] handler_media
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=88

Comment #1 by tahers:
This would be truly stunning if it could also stream video and audio files.
This
might not be what you had in mind, though ;)

No real need to actually do everything, but at least open up the design to
make it
easily extensible.

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings
Issue 88 in cherokee: [idea] handler_media [ In reply to ]
Issue 88: [idea] handler_media
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=88

Comment #2 by ste... at konink.de:
I did... thats why I called it media ;) And if it could do it also with
multicasting
in mind so 'live' media that would be even more cool. But ok :) lets start
simple :)

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings
Issue 88 in cherokee: [idea] handler_media [ In reply to ]
Issue 88: [idea] handler_media
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=88

Comment #3 by alobbs:
Taher, we will add a handler_flv as soon as we merge upstream the traffic
shaper code (due to 0.9-1.0).

Issue attribute updates:
Labels: -Type-Defect Type-Enhancement

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings
Issue 88 in cherokee: [idea] handler_media [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 codesite-noreply at google.com wrote:

> Issue 88: [idea] handler_media
> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=88
>
> Comment #3 by alobbs:
> Taher, we will add a handler_flv as soon as we merge upstream the traffic
> shaper code (due to 0.9-1.0).

Will it be possible then to have specific webserver handlers for different
filetypes?

Stefan
Issue 88 in cherokee: [idea] handler_media [ In reply to ]
On 12 Aug 2008, at 13:04, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 codesite-noreply at google.com wrote:
>
>> Issue 88: [idea] handler_media
>> http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=88
>>
>> Comment #3 by alobbs:
>> Taher, we will add a handler_flv as soon as we merge upstream the
>> traffic
>> shaper code (due to 0.9-1.0).
>
> Will it be possible then to have specific webserver handlers for
> different
> filetypes?

It could. Which formats are you thinking of?

--
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com/
Issue 88 in cherokee: [idea] handler_media [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008, Alvaro Lopez Ortega wrote:

> > Will it be possible then to have specific webserver handlers for
> > different
> > filetypes?
>
> It could. Which formats are you thinking of?

In the past I was thinking about 'bigger' issues. For example, if I wanted
Cherokee to service my 'C' files as pretty printed stuff for certain
webclients while others get the original file. It would be nice to
register a sort of handler based on mime type.

This sort of things could be interesting after the caching is implemented.
So a meta document based on the to be served document is also cached. For
videos you could think of an inline player instead of a download link.
Maybe this all gets too platform specific, but it would be nice if
Cherokee could be the 'director' of it all instead of a PHP script and
likes.

Stefan