New issue 1383 by jez9...@gmail.com: Default /icons directory should be
/cherokee_icons
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1383

The default virtual icons directory used by Cherokee to display images in
file list view is /icons. This is too generic a name, as a user may wish
to have an /icons directory for their own website. The default themes
directory is /cherokee_themes which is much less generic, so why not make
the default shared icons directory /cherokee_icons?

Re: Issue 1383 in cherokee: Default /icons directory should be /cherokee_icons [ In reply to ]
Comment #1 on issue 1383 by psaod8fz...@gmail.com: Default /icons directory
should be /cherokee_icons
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1383

It would have helped, if you actually answered the standard questions
provided by Google Code, you deleted.

Try the current version and everything will be fine. This can be closed.

# cherokee -i
Compilation
Version: 1.2.102
Compiled on: Dec 17 2012 20:04:19
Arguments to configure:

Installation
Deps dir: /usr/local/share/cherokee/deps
Data dir: /usr/local/share/cherokee
Icons dir: /usr/local/share/cherokee/icons
Themes dir: /usr/local/share/cherokee/themes
Plug-in dir: /usr/local/lib/cherokee
Temporal dir: /tmp

Re: Issue 1383 in cherokee: Default /icons directory should be /cherokee_icons [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 1383 by jez9...@gmail.com: Default /icons directory
should be /cherokee_icons
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1383

Actually, my cherokee -i output is very similar to that. The trouble is,
although the icons directory on the file system is
/usr/share/cherokee/icons, the web directory is just aliased to /icons.

Re: Issue 1383 in cherokee: Default /icons directory should be /cherokee_icons [ In reply to ]
Comment #3 on issue 1383 by psaod8fz...@gmail.com: Default /icons directory
should be /cherokee_icons
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1383

Now I understand what you mean. I agree and I made changes and am waiting
for review.

Next time please fill out the points provided in the Google Issue text
field. Especially the version. That would help a lot.

Re: Issue 1383 in cherokee: Default /icons directory should be /cherokee_icons [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 1383 by psaod8fz...@gmail.com: Default /icons directory
should be /cherokee_icons
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1383

Now I understand. I agree, that should be consistent.

Re: Issue 1383 in cherokee: Default /icons directory should be /cherokee_icons [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Type-Enhancement Usability Component-Admin Priority-Low

Comment #5 on issue 1383 by ste...@konink.de: Default /icons directory
should be /cherokee_icons
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1383

I agree, for this to work we need:

1) Migrate everyone's existing configurations from icons to cherokee_icons
2) Update the defaults

Re: Issue 1383 in cherokee: Default /icons directory should be /cherokee_icons [ In reply to ]
Comment #6 on issue 1383 by psaod8fz...@gmail.com: Default /icons directory
should be /cherokee_icons
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1383

To be able to change the existing configurations, we Need to have a new
Version number, is that correct? And if so, where does
config_version_get_current()initially gets its version number from? I don't
find it.

(https://github.com/cherokee/webserver/blob/master/admin/upgrade_config.py#L35).

Re: Issue 1383 in cherokee: Default /icons directory should be /cherokee_icons [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #7 on issue 1383 by ste...@konink.de: Default /icons directory