Mailing List Archive

Issue 1365 in cherokee: Cherokee is slow under SSL with Firefox 10+
Owner: ----

New issue 1365 by etienne....@gmail.com: Cherokee is slow under SSL with
Firefox 10+
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1365

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Load a page using SSL with Firefox 10+
2. Check the time it takes to load the page (in the Firebug network tab for
example)
3.

The same page take around 40-100 ms to load under Firefox 3.6. It take
around 1.2 s with Firefox 10.

Cherokee 1.2.101 on Ubuntu 10.04 and OpenSSL 0.9.8k

Re: Issue 1365 in cherokee: Cherokee is slow under SSL with Firefox 10+ [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Owner: ste...@konink.de
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Critical Component-Logic Performance OpSys-All

Comment #1 on issue 1365 by ste...@konink.de: Cherokee is slow under SSL
with Firefox 10+
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1365

Adam Langley has created the attached patch. So far on regressions.

Attachments:
patch 2.3 KB

Re: Issue 1365 in cherokee: Cherokee is slow under SSL with Firefox 10+ [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 1365 by etienne....@gmail.com: Cherokee is slow under
SSL with Firefox 10+
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1365

I tried the patch and it look to solve the problem.

Re: Issue 1365 in cherokee: Cherokee is slow under SSL with Firefox 10+ [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Milestone-Stable

Comment #3 on issue 1365 by ste...@konink.de: Cherokee is slow under SSL
with Firefox 10+
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1365

There will be some minor changes, before I commit this patch, unless
someone objects.

Re: Issue 1365 in cherokee: Cherokee is slow under SSL with Firefox 10+ [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 1365 by etienne....@gmail.com: Cherokee is slow under
SSL with Firefox 10+
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1365

I saw that you have committed the patch, great. Is there any plan to make a
new release?

Re: Issue 1365 in cherokee: Cherokee is slow under SSL with Firefox 10+ [ In reply to ]
Comment #5 on issue 1365 by ste...@opengeo.nl: Cherokee is slow under SSL
with Firefox 10+
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1365

There is a plan, for that access to the website has to be guaranteed first.

Re: Issue 1365 in cherokee: Cherokee is slow under SSL with Firefox 10+ [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #6 on issue 1365 by ste...@konink.de: Cherokee is slow under SSL
with Firefox 10+
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1365

Going to set this status to fixed. Hope we can release soon.