Mailing List Archive

Issue 1346 in cherokee: Error handler not working - internal
Owner: ----

New issue 1346 by silverha...@gmail.com: Error handler not working -
internal
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1346

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. echo 'hello this is an error' > /var/www/error404.htm
2. cherokee-admin > vservers > default > error handler > custom > new > 404
3a. Redirection: error404.htm
3b. Redirection: /var/www/error404.htm
3c. Redirection: http://google.com
4. Type: Internal > add > save > hard reset
6. http://myexample.com/foobar

Expected: the page to return 'hello this is an error'
Instead: "Error 404 ... /var/www/error404.htm was not found on this server"

Cherokee web server 1.0.8 (Debian GNU/Linux), Port 80
x64

Re: Issue 1346 in cherokee: Error handler not working - internal [ In reply to ]
Comment #1 on issue 1346 by silverha...@gmail.com: Error handler not
working - internal
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1346

Ok, the URL needs to be "/error404.htm";

I have another issue, I cannot header redirect out of this page.

Re: Issue 1346 in cherokee: Error handler not working - internal [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 1346 by silverha...@gmail.com: Error handler not
working - internal
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1346

I had to totally restart the server ... not just cherokee for it to
completely take affect.

Re: Issue 1346 in cherokee: Error handler not working - internal [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #3 on issue 1346 by ste...@konink.de: Error handler not working -
internal
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1346

I guess there was an old cherokee-working hangin around somewhere. Please
reopen if you can reproduce it when you do a: killall -s KILL
cherokee-worker (after another incident)

It might be that hard reset isn't working... which would be a separate
issue.