Mailing List Archive

Issue 1343 in cherokee: Error handler not working - internal
Owner: ----

New issue 1343 by silverha...@gmail.com: Error handler not working -
internal
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1343

What steps will reproduce the problem?
preface: vserver with dynamic document root but same outcome if set static
1. echo 'hello this is an error' > /var/www/example.com/error404.htm
2. Open cherokee admin > vServers > Default > Error Handler
3. Method = Custom Redirection
4. Add New
5. Error=404
6a. Redirection=error404.htm
6b. Redirection=/var/www/example.com/error404.htm
6c. Redirection=example.com/error404.htm
7. Type=Internal
8. save > hard reset
9. go to http://example.com/foobar

Expected:
the page to load and say 'hello this is an error'
outcome:
404 not found ... url /var/www/example.com/error404.htm was not found on
this server

Cherokee web server 1.0.8 (Debian GNU/Linux), Port 80 [LATEST package]

If I set the Type to External, it works, but changes the URL in the address
bar.

Re: Issue 1343 in cherokee: Error handler not working - internal [ In reply to ]
Comment #1 on issue 1343 by silverha...@gmail.com: Error handler not
working - internal
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1343

Please remove one of these. It did not come up in the search so I didn't
think I had submitted it.

Re: Issue 1343 in cherokee: Error handler not working - internal [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #2 on issue 1343 by ste...@konink.de: Error handler not working -
internal
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1343

I have tried this with the most recent stable version. Which is working,
please upgrade :-)