Mailing List Archive

Experimental Branch
Hello there,

First off, Happy holidays everybody!! (in case you are on holidays these
days) :)

Now, I'd like to draw you attention to a branch in which I've been working
lately. It's basically a branch in which I have reimplemented some of the
even handling mechanisms of the core of the server.

The original reason for working out part of the server core was the issues
that Cherokee was suffering while receiving POST requests over SSL/TLS
connections from Chrome/Chromium clients. There is a fairly long technical
explanation for it, but I'm not getting into that now.

All in all, there is a branch name "new-events" where a fairly big piece of
the server core has been rewritten. It shouldn't have any problem with any
request method, nor with any transport (HTTP or HTTPS). Theoretically it
should be slightly faster than the current version, but that's still to be
tested.

It'd be great if you guys could give it a try, and let me know what's
working and what's not. It's working fine for me, although odds are there
are still a few bugs to be fixed up.

Remember, it's experimental code yet.

Thanks!!

--