Mailing List Archive

Issue 1319 in cherokee: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't close the connections
Owner: ----

New issue 1319 by yobu...@gmail.com: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't close the
connections
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1319

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Configure virtual server with ldap auth on all site.
2. Reload Cherokee.
3.

The expected result is fewer connections to ldap sever.

I see too many connections, over 1000:

# netstat -an | grep ESTA | grep 389 | wc -l
1103

- Cherokee 1.2.2 + PHP 5.2.17 + OpenLDAP 2.4.
- Linux CentOS 5.7.

we have configured a virtual server on Cherokee with ldap authentication
for all site.

We have detected that server doesn't close the ldap connections and
grows a lot. For example, this is a netstat:

# netstat -an | grep ESTA | grep 389 | wc -l
1103

These connections never disappear and after a few minutes, the Cherokee
web server is very slow.

How can we configure Cherokee for close ldap connections?. This is the
cherokee.conf part of configure auth:

-----
vserver!412!rule!500!auth = ldap
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!base_dn = o=Junta de Castilla-La Mancha,c=es
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!bind_dn = uid=search,o=Junta de Castilla-La
Mancha,c=es
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!bind_pw = password
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!filter = (uid=${user})
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!methods = basic
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!realm = LDAP
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!server = ldap.jccm.es
vserver!412!rule!500!auth!tls = 0
vserver!412!rule!500!disabled = 0
vserver!412!rule!500!match = directory
vserver!412!rule!500!match!directory = /
vserver!412!rule!500!match!final = 0
vserver!412!rule!500!no_log = 0
vserver!412!rule!500!only_secure = 0
-----

This same virtual web server configured in Apache normally does not
exceed 60 ldap connections.

Re: Issue 1319 in cherokee: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't close the connections [ In reply to ]
Comment #1 on issue 1319 by yobu...@gmail.com: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't
close the connections
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1319

I think that for every click in links in the web page with ldap auth,
Cherokee opens a new connection in ldap server and don't close.

Re: Issue 1319 in cherokee: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't close the connections [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 1319 by yobu...@gmail.com: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't
close the connections
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1319

Is it possible to create an LDAP connection pool and use only these?.

Re: Issue 1319 in cherokee: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't close the connections [ In reply to ]
Comment #3 on issue 1319 by yobu...@gmail.com: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't
close the connections
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1319

What about the issue?. Is there any solution?. Regards.

Re: Issue 1319 in cherokee: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't close the connections [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 1319 by aurelien...@utt.fr: Cherokee ldap auth doesn't
close the connections
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1319

Same problem here. And this is really a critical problem. Any updates or
workarounds?