Mailing List Archive

Issue 1096 in cherokee: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load Balancer
Owner: ----

New issue 1096 by offcarding: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load
Balancer
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1096

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.after configuring php and save the new configuration
2.i will start the sever and show me that in summary
3.before that installing php i cannot start the server the result was Could
not bind() port=80 (UID=0, GID=0)

the way to make working good the server

ubuntu 10.10

Re: Issue 1096 in cherokee: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load Balancer [ In reply to ]
Comment #1 on issue 1096 by offcarding: Found a FastCGI handler without a
Load Balancer
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1096

when i would start th server with the botton in fronf of admin panel i
receveid the error mentionned in this summary, after big search in
multiples forums i did that
in vServer, behavior, repertoire :cgi-bin was Fastcgi, i changed and put
CGI, this change the error in this summary and become
a new error
Could not bind() port=80 (UID=0, GID=0)
after I change port 80 for port 81 and the error disaper and after i can
start the server

can someone tell me if its wrong to use port 80

thank

Re: Issue 1096 in cherokee: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load Balancer [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 1096 by alessandro.cinelli: Found a FastCGI handler
without a Load Balancer
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1096

same here

Re: Issue 1096 in cherokee: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load Balancer [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Owner: alobbs

Comment #3 on issue 1096 by alobbs: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load
Balancer
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1096

Looks like some other server was already bound port 80, and thus the
Operating System did not allow Cherokee to open it again.

Please, stop the rest of the Web server and try again. That should fix the
issue.
It'd be good it you could get back to me to confirm it fixed the problem.
Thanks!

Re: Issue 1096 in cherokee: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load Balancer [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 1096 by xiaohan2...@gmail.com: Found a FastCGI handler
without a Load Balancer
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1096

I checked services using netstat. But there seems no process using port 80.
And I still got this message

Re: Issue 1096 in cherokee: Found a FastCGI handler without a Load Balancer [ In reply to ]
Comment #5 on issue 1096 by psaod8fz...@gmail.com: Found a FastCGI handler
without a Load Balancer
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1096

I think this can be closed. Too vague and probably not an issue with
cherokee.