if not, subclassing would be less easy ...

With kind regards,
Matthias
is _log an 'official' method of Catalyst::Log? [ In reply to ]
Am 18.07.2005 um 17:58 schrieb Matthias Waldorf:

> if not, subclassing would be less easy ...

_ means private, it's not even documented... ;)

--
sebastian
is _log an 'official' method of Catalyst::Log? [ In reply to ]
> _ means private, it's not even documented... ;)

Well, then why not changing it from '_log' to 'log'? Should not do any harm
and make live easier when subclassing . You would need to replace only one
method instead of five ...

Matthias
is _log an 'official' method of Catalyst::Log? [ In reply to ]
Am 19.07.2005 um 12:40 schrieb Matthias Waldorf:

>> _ means private, it's not even documented... ;)
>>

> Well, then why not changing it from '_log' to 'log'? Should not do
> any harm and make live easier when subclassing . You would need to
> replace only one method instead of five ...

No, we want to keep it compatible with Log::Dispatch and
Log::Log4perl, that won't work anymore if we expose _log.

--
sebastian