Mailing List Archive

Styling (was: Re: Graphics on Advent Calendar)
On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 08:33:09AM -0600, Cory Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:29 AM, J. Shirley <jshirley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 6:22 AM, Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The images on today's Advent Calendar aren't visible on the
> > > website....
> >

> Committed. Waiting on it to get synced. Thanks for the heads up.

As a separate question, in a light copyedit yesterday I changed this:

<tt>GP </tt>

<tt>GP</tt>

You changed it back. May I ask why? I would have thought that
if more space were needed you'd use &nbsp; or something in the
stylesheet.

Just trying to understand how to edit these things....

Jesse

Re: Styling (was: Re: Graphics on Advent Calendar) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com> wrote:

> As a separate question, in a light copyedit yesterday I changed this:
>
> <tt>GP </tt>

> <tt>GP</tt>
>
> You changed it back. May I ask why? I would have thought that
> if more space were needed you'd use &nbsp; or something in the
> stylesheet.

I actually had my copy of the entry in a separate place and just blindly
copied my new version over the one in the repos. I just committed it with
those spaces removed.

I had left that there before I had switched to using HTML for the body text,
as the GP< was confusing POD. ;)
Re: Styling (was: Re: Graphics on Advent Calendar) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 08:41:31AM -0600, Cory Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com> wrote:
>

> > As a separate question, in a light copyedit yesterday I changed this:
> >
> > <tt>GP </tt>

> > <tt>GP</tt>
> >
> > You changed it back. May I ask why? I would have thought that
> > if more space were needed you'd use &nbsp; or something in the
> > stylesheet.
> >

> I actually had my copy of the entry in a separate place and just blindly
> copied my new version over the one in the repos. I just committed it with
> those spaces removed.
>
> I had left that there before I had switched to using HTML for the body text,
> as the GP< was confusing POD. ;)

Ah, thanks ;-) I'm never sure if I'm the one missing something here or....

JTS

Re: Styling (was: Re: Graphics on Advent Calendar) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com> wrote:

> > I had left that there before I had switched to using HTML for the body
> text,
> > as the GP< was confusing POD. ;)
>
> Ah, thanks ;-) I'm never sure if I'm the one missing something here or....

I just readded them. The "<tt>GP</tt>" was causing it to fall into POD
mode.

--
Cory 'G' Watson
http://www.onemogin.com