Mailing List Archive

Proposed patch - Re: May (can) I fix Catalyst/Engine/CGI.pm REDIRECT_URL + PATH_INFO bug?
On Oct 21, 2008, at 8:38 PM, Ashley wrote:
> This is an old bug I reported the first time about two years ago,
> IIRC. Short version REDIRECT_URL + PATH_INFO can cause paths to get
> squirrelly if there are regex chars, which URIs can legally have.
>
>> - $base_path =~ s/$ENV{PATH_INFO}$//;
>> + $base_path =~ s/\Q$ENV{PATH_INFO}\E$//;

Attached is an svn diff -- redirect_url_substitution.patch -- against
Catalyst-Runtime/5.70/trunk, r8571. It updates t/
live_engine_request_uri.t, lib/Catalyst/Engine/CGI.pm, and Changes.

I didn't try to apply it but I'd be glad to (try at least) if a core
dev reviews it, or modify it if anyone directs it. If someone would
rather 'patch -p0', tweak, and commit yourself (as it were), that's
fine too. :)

There is a related bug report from Chris Dolan outstanding -- http://
rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=24951 -- which can be closed if
the patch is applied.

-Ashley
--
By the way, if you are going to work with this, please run the full
tests first. Some are failing (for me) in r8571 so you should see
Re: Proposed patch - Re: May (can) I fix Catalyst/Engine/CGI.pm REDIRECT_URL + PATH_INFO bug? [ In reply to ]
I don't think this merits a minor release on it's own. Can you
recreate it as a patch to the 5.8 branch?

Marcus

Re: Proposed patch - Re: May (can) I fix Catalyst/Engine/CGI.pm REDIRECT_URL + PATH_INFO bug? [ In reply to ]
On Oct 23, 2008, at 12:50 AM, Marcus Ramberg wrote:
> I don't think this merits a minor release on it's own. Can you
> recreate it as a patch to the 5.8 branch?

Of course. Thanks!

-Ashley