$ catalyst.pl -force -scripts MyApp
Couldn't create MyApp/script/myapp_cgi.pl", "No such file or directory" at
/Users/cglee/perl5/bin/catalyst.pl line 52

by the way, there is another directiory trunk/ between MyApp/ and script/
since I'm using SVN for my app. so I tried the next;

$ catalyst.pl -force -scripts MyApp/trunk

how can I upgrade the scripts?

has anyone already answered(or solved) for this? if so, let me know.
Re: can't upgrade the scripts [ In reply to ]
Several options:

1: create a new MyApp somewhere else and copy over the scripts
2: checkout MyApp/trunk as MyApp and try again

- andreas

Re: can't upgrade the scripts [ In reply to ]
Thanks Andreas.

The line 59 and 60 in the below code is what I added to mk_app() in
Catalyst::Helper.pm

It worked for me(on Mac), but I'm not sure whether this is portable or
doesn't make any conflict with others; I haven't checked out Catalyst devel
yet and don't know about the Catalyst internals.

55 $self->{name } = $name;
56 $self->{dir } = $name;
57 $self->{dir } =~ s/\:\:/-/g;
58 #---- ---- by Chae Lee
59 use File::Find;
60 find(sub { $self->{dir} = $File::Find::dir if /script$/ }, (
$self->{name} ));
61 #---- ----
62 $self->{script } = File::Spec->catdir( $self->{dir},
'script' );
63 $self->{appprefix } = Catalyst::Utils::appprefix($name);

and, in my humble opinion, the first option you gave me sounds good, but the
second is not because I can do nothing after I commit the second option
except upgrading the scripts.

Thanks again~

Re: can't upgrade the scripts [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 03:48:37AM -0400, Chae Lee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Catalyst 5.7014. and I tried the script upgrade as below:
>
> $ catalyst.pl -force -scripts MyApp
> Couldn't create MyApp/script/myapp_cgi.pl", "No such file or directory" at
> /Users/cglee/perl5/bin/catalyst.pl line 52
>
> by the way, there is another directiory trunk/ between MyApp/ and script/
> since I'm using SVN for my app. so I tried the next;

cd /path/to/checkout/MyApp
mv trunk MyApp
catalyst.pl -force -scripts MyApp
mv MyApp trunk