of what we're assuming as session files.

Did anybody encounter a similar problem before?

Thanks.

Re: [Bricolage-General] Internal server error [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, rod@teamspi.com wrote:

> We also looked at /tmp/bricolage/session and saw hundreds of files
> of what we're assuming as session files.
>
> Did anybody encounter a similar problem before?

Yes, and I created bin/bric_clean_tmp to handle it. There are
installation instructions in Bric::Admin. Basically you just set it up to
run from cron nightly and forget that Bricolage ever had a temp file
leakage problem! ;)

BTW: 1.2.0's bric_clean_tmp had a bug that would occasionally delete
Bricolage's cache file requiring a server restart. Make sure you're
running 1.2.1 or later.

-sam

Re: [Bricolage-General] Internal server error [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 18:59, Marlon Bermas wrote:

> Another question tho' - I am seeing a few idle pg sessions. Is
> this normal?
>
> postmaster: bric bricolage [local] idle (postgres)

Yes. There's one for each apache process that has connected to the
database. Any Apache processes that have connected but aren't responding
to a request right now will leav ethe connection idle.

HTH,

David
--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@kineticode.com ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] Internal server error [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the response. That took care of our tmp problem.

Another question tho' - I am seeing a few idle pg sessions. Is
this normal?

postmaster: bric bricolage [local] idle (postgres)

Marlon

Re: [Bricolage-General] Internal server error [ In reply to ]
> Yes. There's one for each apache process that has connected to the
> database. Any Apache processes that have connected but aren't responding
> to a request right now will leav ethe connection idle.

Ok, I understand this concept if you are using fast-cgi. Is leaving idle pg
connections a mod-perl thing? Is the number of idle connections relative to
users
launching bricolage on a server?

Re: [Bricolage-General] Internal server error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Marlon Bermas wrote:

> Ok, I understand this concept if you are using fast-cgi. Is leaving idle pg
> connections a mod-perl thing?

Yes. See Apache::DBI for prior art. Bricolage reinvented that wheel but
the effect is the same.

> Is the number of idle connections relative to users launching bricolage
> on a server?

No. It's relative to MinServers and MaxServers in your Apache config.

-sam

Re: [Bricolage-General] Internal server error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 21:38, Sam Tregar wrote:

> > Is the number of idle connections relative to users launching bricolage
> > on a server?
>
> No. It's relative to MinServers and MaxServers in your Apache config.

Actually, when you start up, there are no connections to Pg. It's only
when you make a request that Apache creates a connection, but the
connection persists after the request. But what Sam says is effectively
correct.

David