Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Publishing en masse.
Let's say I have a thousand stories and they all use
the same set of templates. If I make a change to one
of those templates, do I have to then re-publish
every single story, one at a time, to reflect the
template change?

Or is there a better way to do publishing en masse?
(Ideally, we could publish any story that had a
relevant associated template change, but I don't
know enough about Bric's internals to know if this
is possible or not.) Am I overlooking an easier
method?

At the very least, a "Select All" Javascript function
on the Publish Desk page would be pretty useful,
instantly checking every "Publish" checkbox on the
Publish Desk.

-- Andy.

Re: [Bricolage-General] Publishing en masse. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Andrew Baio wrote:

> Let's say I have a thousand stories and they all use
> the same set of templates. If I make a change to one
> of those templates, do I have to then re-publish
> every single story, one at a time, to reflect the
> template change?

Yes.

> Or is there a better way to do publishing en masse?
> (Ideally, we could publish any story that had a
> relevant associated template change, but I don't
> know enough about Bric's internals to know if this
> is possible or not.) Am I overlooking an easier
> method?

Yes. Check out bin/bric_soap from CVS. It supports (from the Examples):

Republish all published stories. This is useful when a template
change needs to reflected across a site. The C<sort -n> is a crude
way to make sure that newer stories overwrite older ones.

bric_soap story list_ids --search "publish_status=1" \
| sort -n \
| bric_soap workflow publish -

-sam

Re: [Bricolage-General] Publishing en masse. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 15:58, Andrew Baio wrote:

Since Sam addressed your other questions, I'll merely respond to this:

> At the very least, a "Select All" Javascript function
> on the Publish Desk page would be pretty useful,
> instantly checking every "Publish" checkbox on the
> Publish Desk.

Good idea. I think someone mentioned it before (was it you?). I'll add
it to the To Do list.

Regards,

David

--