Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Invalid Command: LogFormat
I rebuilt Apache 1.3.27 with DSO enabled and all modules except mod_perl
dynamic; mod_perl static.

Then I built Bricolage 1.5.0 and ran 'make upgrade'

I am running a _copy_ of httpd (named bric_httpd) for Bricolage.

When I tried

/usr/local/bricolage/bin/bric_apachectl start

I got this:

bric_apachectl start: starting httpd
Syntax error on line 34 of /usr/local/bricolage/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'LogFormat', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
bric_apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I get a similar error for the CustomLog and TypesConfig directive

These directives are not listed in the Apache docs... so
what are they?
why didn't they fail before?
or
why are they failing now?

--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown ZZZ Journeyman Sourceror:
P.O. Box 1269 zz |\ _,,,---,,_ Scripts & Philtres
San Bruno, CA zz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Perl, Unix, MacOS
94066 USA |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
mailto:vlb@cfcl.com '---''(_/--' `-'\_) http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb

Re: [Bricolage-General] Invalid Command: LogFormat [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 02:15 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:

> These directives are not listed in the Apache docs... so
> what are they?
> why didn't they fail before?
> or
> why are they failing now?

You need to enable mod_log_config. Use LoadModule and/or AddModule
directives in your httpd.conf.

They didn't fail before because mod_log_config was statically compiled
into your last install, so you of course didn't have to load it.

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@kineticode.com ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] Invalid Command: LogFormat [ In reply to ]
At 15:02 -0800 2003-02-19, David Wheeler wrote:
>On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 02:15 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:
>
>> These directives are not listed in the Apache docs... so
>> what are they?
>> why didn't they fail before?
>> or
>> why are they failing now?
>
>You need to enable mod_log_config. Use LoadModule and/or AddModule
>directives in your httpd.conf.

Ah. It is dynamically loaded, but in the Apache httpd.conf file; I don't have
ANY LoadModule directives in the _bricolage_ httpd.conf file and this is a
separate copy of httpd. Right.

When adding the Directives to ...bricolage/conf/httpd.conf, is there anything
special I need to know, such as where in the file to put these? When I build
Apache it modified my apache/conf/httpd.conf for me so the position is "known
correct".

Re: [Bricolage-General] Invalid Command: LogFormat [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 06:25 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:

> When adding the Directives to ...bricolage/conf/httpd.conf, is there
> anything
> special I need to know, such as where in the file to put these? When
> I build
> Apache it modified my apache/conf/httpd.conf for me so the position is
> "known
> correct".

Dunno for sure, though I do know that Apache executes its directives in
the order they're listed. I would put the AddModule/LoadModule
directives at the top.

HTH,

David