Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] freebsd
Hello,

I am using freebsd and would like to also use bricolage.
I was wondering if anyone has built bricolage on fbsd

I have been trying 1.2.0, and I get stumped when ./bric_apachectl start
:will say modules not loaded.(RedirectMatch being the first, when the apache
modules are there.(mod_alias)

I tried 1.3.0 ./configure and it will tell me that mod_perl is not
installed when it is

So basically I am just having problems locating modules

also I seen something saying about using a handler.pl for include in
httpd.conf
I would like to use that way.

Re: [Bricolage-General] freebsd [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 00:00, james dunkley wrote:

> Hello,

Hi James.

> I am using freebsd and would like to also use bricolage.
> I was wondering if anyone has built bricolage on fbsd

Not that I know of, but I would be shocked if it didn't run on Free BSD.

> I have been trying 1.2.0, and I get stumped when ./bric_apachectl start
> :will say modules not loaded.(RedirectMatch being the first, when the apache
> modules are there.(mod_alias)

It sounds like your Apache might have been compiled without those
modules. Try recompiling Apache according to the instructions in INSTALL
(aka Bric::Admin).

> I tried 1.3.0 ./configure and it will tell me that mod_perl is not
> installed when it is

Mark should probably respond to this. However, if you're loading
mod_perl as a DSO, it definitely won't work. There are serious problems
with the mod_perl DSO.

> So basically I am just having problems locating modules
>
> also I seen something saying about using a handler.pl for include in
> httpd.conf
> I would like to use that way.

Well, Bric::App::ApacheConf (in 1.3.x and the soon-to-be released 1.2.1)
handles this for you. Bricolage's equivalent to the Mason handler.pl is
Bric::App::Handler. However, if you wanted to script the install, you
could just invoke a script with the singe line 'use
Bric::App::ApacheConf;'.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@kineticode.com ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] freebsd [ In reply to ]
David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> writes:
> Well, Bric::App::ApacheConf (in 1.3.x and the soon-to-be released
> 1.2.1) handles this for you. Bricolage's equivalent to the Mason
> handler.pl is Bric::App::Handler. However, if you wanted to script
> the install, you could just invoke a script with the singe line 'use
> Bric::App::ApacheConf;'.

I must say, Bric::App::ApacheConf impressed me greatly with how well
it works---I was on the verge of slapping together a new box just for
the purpose of bench-testing Bricolage, when I actually looked at how
things were handled, and realized that the only thing I'd need to do
to bring Bricolage up on a box with several existing virtual servers
running both Mason (with a very custom handler) and AxKit was to tweak
the httpd.conf a touch (mostly adding port numbers on the virtual host
decls and then doing:

PerlSetEnv BRICOLAGE_ROOT /etc/bricolage
PerlModule Bric::App::ApacheConf

Everything should be so easy.

Now if I could only figure out whether it will meet the needs of my
client! :-)

Mike.