Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Many stories in one directory
Is it possible to create more than one story under a given url?
e.g. /home/main.html, /home/notmain.html, /home/completelyunrelated.html

if so, is there a pointer to how.

Thanks

gh

Re: [Bricolage-General] Many stories in one directory [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Harrison, George (FSH) wrote:
> Is it possible to create more than one story under a given url?
> e.g. /home/main.html, /home/notmain.html, /home/completelyunrelated.html

Yes. The "URI Format" property of the Output Channel
determines what the URL will be like. By default,
the URI format is '/categories/year/month/day/slug/',
so it varies with the date, but you can change that.

> if so, is there a pointer to how.

Go to "PUBLISHING -> Output Channels" to set the URI format.
Click the Help button there for documentation.

Re: [Bricolage-General] Many stories in one directory [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Scott Lanning wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Harrison, George (FSH) wrote:
> > Is it possible to create more than one story under a given url?
> > e.g. /home/main.html, /home/notmain.html, /home/completelyunrelated.html
[snip]
> Go to "PUBLISHING -> Output Channels" to set the URI format.
> Click the Help button there for documentation.

After I reread that, I realized you meant the filename part
(normally index.html) not the "base URL" part. You can set
the Output Channel to use the "slug" for the filename
(you'll see the checkbox at the bottom).

Re: [Bricolage-General] Many stories in one directory [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 01:09 AM, Scott Lanning wrote:

> After I reread that, I realized you meant the filename part
> (normally index.html) not the "base URL" part. You can set
> the Output Channel to use the "slug" for the filename
> (you'll see the checkbox at the bottom).

Yes, but since the file name is not currently considered a part of the
URI for stories, the real answer is that you cannot use the same URI
for different stories.

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] Many stories in one directory [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 01:09 AM, Scott Lanning wrote:
> > After I reread that, I realized you meant the filename part
> > (normally index.html) not the "base URL" part. You can set
> > the Output Channel to use the "slug" for the filename
> > (you'll see the checkbox at the bottom).
>
> Yes, but since the file name is not currently considered a part of the
> URI for stories, the real answer is that you cannot use the same URI
> for different stories.

Sorry for misleading you, George.