Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Redirection linit exceeded?
I upgraded to 1.4.6 and Im now getting this popup when
I try to connect to the bric server using mozilla:

Redirection limit exceeded. Unable to load the
requested page.

When I try to connect using ie, I just get a page not
found error.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Re: [Bricolage-General] Mason book w/Bric Appendix now online. [ In reply to ]
Check it out:

http://www.masonbook.com/book/

Re: [Bricolage-General] Redirection linit exceeded? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Sandy R wrote:
> I upgraded to 1.4.6 and Im now getting this popup when
> I try to connect to the bric server using mozilla:
>
> Redirection limit exceeded. Unable to load the
> requested page.

It sounds like a misconfigured web server is getting
into a loop where one page redirects to another which
redirects.... Maybe more information is necessary
though, like what you did to upgrade Bricolage.
Also are you using the same browser? (i.e. did the
browser configuration change (cookies, javascript))

> When I try to connect using ie, I just get a page not
> found error.

I think these are considered "friendly HTTP error messages"
(Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced).

Re: [Bricolage-General] Redirection linit exceeded? [ In reply to ]
Sorry everyone, this was my own fault. I was messing
with the css.mc to make things a bit easier for me to
read and changed permissions on it.

Re: [Bricolage-General] Redirection linit exceeded? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 10:03 AM, Sandy R wrote:

> I just checked the permissions on css.mc somehow, the
> permissions got changed and were not even allowing
> read access. I changed the permissions to 644 and now
> Im able to bring up bricolage again. Once again, my
> tinkering causes me problems :-)
>
> Sorry, I should have checked first.

Whew, I'm glad it's not something I messed up in 1.4.6! Glad you
figured it out.

Regards,

David

--