Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Re: SFTP Distribution Configuration
[CCed to the list from private email]

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Michael Duval wrote:
[snip]
> When attempting to publish a story via the web ouput channel which is
> associated with an SFTP distributor I receive the following error in
> the apache log file:
>
> [Fri Jan 3 08:55:26 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Error handling
> callbacks.: Can't locate object method "put_res" via package
> "Bric::Util::Trans::SFTP" (perhaps you forgot to load
> "Bric::Util::Trans::SFTP"?) at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Bric/Dist/Action/Mover.pm line 154.

I am able to reproduce the error message if I do the following:

1) start Bricolage with ENABLE_SFTP_MOVER set to 1
2) associate the Web output channel with an SFTP destination
3) stop Bricolage
4) start Bricolage with ENABLE_SFTP_MOVER set to 0
5) publish a story to the Web output channel

It tries to publish to the SFTP channel although the SFTP mover
has been "disabled" (which is a bug). Maybe you've done something similar?

> I've checked the Mover.pm and code and it indeed loads the SFTP module
> via a require statement. I also
> have the following line in the bricolage.conf file enabling sftp moves:
>

> ENABLE_SFTP_MOVER = 1
> # I previously attempted setting it as
> # ENABLE_SFTP_MOVER = On
>
> I believe it must be set correctly as I am able to configure an SFTP
> move method on the Destination Configuration
> screen. I also checked the SFTP module for a put_res method (of
> course it was there). I'm not sure why it would
> complain about it. I'm assuming the module is loading correctly as
> there is no complaints about the require crapping out.
>
> I've also installed all the prerequisite perl modules and I've yet to
> come across any dependency failures.
[snip]

[Bricolage-General] Re: SFTP Distribution Configuration [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 04:20 PM, Scott Lanning wrote:

> I am able to reproduce the error message if I do the following:
>
> 1) start Bricolage with ENABLE_SFTP_MOVER set to 1
> 2) associate the Web output channel with an SFTP destination
> 3) stop Bricolage
> 4) start Bricolage with ENABLE_SFTP_MOVER set to 0
> 5) publish a story to the Web output channel
>
> It tries to publish to the SFTP channel although the SFTP mover
> has been "disabled" (which is a bug). Maybe you've done something
> similar?

Makes sense. Will you file a Bugzilla report, Scott?

Thanks,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory