Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage with mod_perl compiled
Hi,

I've been trying (for a while now :( ) to get Bricolage working on my
server.
I have the 'official' httpd listening to port 80 and I'm trying to get
httpd with bricolage running on port 81. To avoid interrupting the main
service while I go through the installation process.

I've compiled apache with mod_perl and I have:
# /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_so.c
mod_perl.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

When I try to start bric_apachectl I get the error

bric_apachectl start: starting httpd
Syntax error on line 1518 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.bricolage:
Invalid command 'PerlPassEnv', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
bric_apachectl start: httpd could not be started

If httpd is compiled with mod_perl why do I get this error? :/
Help...

Sérgio Nunes

[Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage with mod_perl compiled [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I've been trying (for a while now :( ) to get Bricolage working on my
server.
I have the 'official' httpd listening to port 80 and I'm trying to get
httpd with bricolage running on port 81. Mainly to avoid interrupting

AW: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage with mod_perl compiled [ In reply to ]
> bric_apachectl start: starting httpd
> Syntax error on line 1518 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.bricolage:
> Invalid command 'PerlPassEnv', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
> module not included in the server configuration
> bric_apachectl start: httpd could not be started

1516 SetEnv BRICOLAGE_ROOT /usr/local/bricolage
1517 #This command required the AddModule mod_perl.c... :(
1518 PerlPassEnv BRICOLAGE_ROOT
1519 PerlModule Bric::App::ApacheConfig

> If httpd is compiled with mod_perl why do I get this error? :/ Help...

mod_perl isn't loaded befor that 1518 line. This is indicated by the
fact
that PerlPassEnv is part of the mod_perl config-instructions. This is
pointed
by the comment in 1517.

1) Do you have AddModule mod_perl.c called bevor 1518 ?
2) Is your mod_perl enviroment working without bricolage ?

Murat

Re: AW: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage with mod_perl compiled [ In reply to ]
On Friday, December 20, 2002, at 06:16 PM, Murat Ünalan wrote:

> 1) Do you have AddModule mod_perl.c called bevor 1518 ?

Since Sérgio said that httpd -l mentioned mod_perl.c, the answer would
have to be yes.

> 2) Is your mod_perl enviroment working without bricolage ?

This is the big question. Make sure you can get mod_perl to work with
your Apache install in general, and then get Bricolage working with it.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

Re: AW: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage with mod_perl compiled [ In reply to ]
Regarding my problem with 'PerlPassEnv', I suspect that it might be related
to DSO support in my Apache compilation.

My Apache configuration is:

./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--with-layout=Apache \
--disable-rule=EXPAT \
--enable-module=so \
--enable-module=rewrite \
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
--enable-shared=max \
--disable-shared=perl \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE

Any thought on this?
Thanks for your time.

Merry Christmas,
Sérgio Nunes

Re: AW: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage with mod_perl compiled [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, December 21, 2002, at 08:39 AM, ssn@icicom.up.pt wrote:

> My Apache configuration is:
>
> ./configure \
> --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
> --with-layout=Apache \
> --disable-rule=EXPAT \
> --enable-module=so \
> --enable-module=rewrite \
> --activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
> --enable-shared=max \
> --disable-shared=perl \
> --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
>
> Any thought on this?

Well, other than --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE, I've used all the other
options without problem. So try it without --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE
and see if that helps.

Regards,

David