Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage - login: nothing happens
Hi,

I think I've managed to get Bricolage working using mod_vhost_alias.
I hit the server and a login screen appears. If I use a wrong user I get
an error message (which is OK), but when I try to login using the
default admin account nothing happens.
The browser starts connecting to http://<domain>/?BRICOLAGE_AUTH=... but
nevers ends.

I have QA_MODE, DBI_DEBUG and DBI_CALL_TRACE all set to 'On' and no
error messages seem to appear in apache's error log.

Any thought on what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Sérgio

Re: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage - login: nothing happens [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 08:30 AM, Sérgio Nunes wrote:

> I have QA_MODE, DBI_DEBUG and DBI_CALL_TRACE all set to 'On' and no
> error messages seem to appear in apache's error log.
>
> Any thought on what might be the problem?

Something should be logged. But here's a question: Is mod_perl
statically compiled into Apache, or loaded as a DSO? Strange things
like this can happen when it's loaded as a DSO.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage - login: nothing happens [ In reply to ]
David Wheeler wrote:

> Something should be logged. But here's a question: Is mod_perl
> statically compiled into Apache, or loaded as a DSO? Strange things like
> this can happen when it's loaded as a DSO.

I have a RedHat 7.0 system with the following rpms:
apache-1.3.22-5.7.1
apache-devel-1.3.22-5.7.1
mod_perl-1.24-6

The calls are logged but none of them seems to be an error. The last one
that appears, when the browser "halts" after the admin login, is:

------------- Call Trace:
Bric::Biz::Asset::Business::Media (1325) => Bric::Util::DBI::prepare_ca()
Bric::Biz::Asset::Business::Media (455) =>
Bric::Biz::Asset::Business::Media::_do_list()
HTML::Mason::Commands (23) =>
Bric::Biz::Asset::Business::Media::list()

+++++++++++++ Execute Query [a135 5c38 056f 9634 d047 274f 747c db12]
+++++++++++++ ARGS: 1, 0, 1

############# Prepare Query [9a14 f507 cf2f e53f 752c 39d4 5635 410c]:
SELECT f.id,f.name ,f.priority ,f.description ,f.usr__id
,f.output_channel__id ,f.element__id ,f.category__id ,f.file_name
,f.current_version ,f.deploy_status ,f.deploy_date ,f.expire_date
,f.workflow__id ,f.active ,i.id,i.formatting__id ,i.version ,i.usr__id
,i.data ,i.checked_out FROM formatting f,formatting_instance i WHERE
f.id=i.formatting__id AND f.usr__id=? AND i.checked_out=? AND
f.current_version=i.version AND f.active=? ORDER BY f.deploy_date
#############

------------- Call Trace:
Bric::Biz::Asset::Formatting (1667) => Bric::Util::DBI::prepare_ca()
Bric::Biz::Asset::Formatting (573) =>
Bric::Biz::Asset::Formatting::_do_list()
HTML::Mason::Commands (23) =>
Bric::Biz::Asset::Formatting::list()

+++++++++++++ Execute Query [9a14 f507 cf2f e53f 752c 39d4 5635 410c]
+++++++++++++ ARGS: 0, 1, 1

After trying to login with admin, when I try to return to the login page
it doesn't work. I have to restart apache and clean the browser's cache.

Thanks in advance,
Sérgio

Re: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage - login: nothing happens [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 11:26 AM, Sérgio Nunes wrote:

> I have a RedHat 7.0 system with the following rpms:
> apache-1.3.22-5.7.1
> apache-devel-1.3.22-5.7.1
> mod_perl-1.24-6

That's quite an old version of Apache -- and of mod_perl. But I still
can't tell from this if mod_perl is statically compiled in. What's the
output of httpd -l?

David

Re: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage - login: nothing happens [ In reply to ]
David Wheeler wrote:
> That's quite an old version of Apache -- and of mod_perl.

They are the latest rpms available for RH7.0 :)

> But I still can't tell from this if mod_perl is statically compiled
> in. What's the output of httpd -l?

Sorry, my mistake...

# httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
http_core.c
mod_so.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

Sérgio

Re: [Bricolage-General] Installing Bricolage - login: nothing happens [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 11:39 AM, Sérgio Nunes wrote:

> David Wheeler wrote:
>> That's quite an old version of Apache -- and of mod_perl.
>
> They are the latest rpms available for RH7.0 :)

Gah.

>> But I still can't tell from this if mod_perl is statically compiled
> > in. What's the output of httpd -l?
>
> Sorry, my mistake...
>
> # httpd -l
> Compiled-in modules:
> http_core.c
> mod_so.c
> suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/sbin/suexec

Yeah, that's the list of statically-compiled modules. mod_perl isn't
one of them. You'll have to find an RPM with mod_perl
statically-compiled into Apache, or recompile Apache yourself.

Regards,

David