Mailing List Archive

[Bricolage-General] error: Apache->print timed out
what could be a reason for the following error:

[info] [client 207.214.64.208] mod_perl: Apache->print timed out

?

I am getting it on new installation of bricolage 1.4.5, there's almost
nothing changed, I added a user and created two stories. I got this
error few times:

- when I clicked on Edit in story description in Story|Desks|Story

- when I clicked on All in Publishing|Media types

there is basically no load on server, network connection is good, no
other error is printed.

TIA

erik

Re: [Bricolage-General] error: Apache->print timed out [ In reply to ]
On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 10:28 AM, Erik Steffl wrote:

> what could be a reason for the following error:
>
> [info] [client 207.214.64.208] mod_perl: Apache->print timed out
>
> ?
>
> I am getting it on new installation of bricolage 1.4.5, there's
> almost
> nothing changed, I added a user and created two stories. I got this
> error few times:
>
> - when I clicked on Edit in story description in Story|Desks|Story
>
> - when I clicked on All in Publishing|Media types
>
> there is basically no load on server, network connection is good, no
> other error is printed.

I'm guessing that you're using either IE on the Mac or Netscape 4.x on
Windows 9x. Am I right?

This issue has been fixed and will be in the next major release of
Bricolage (1.6.0). In the meantime, I recommend that you use Mozilla or
another Gecko-powered browser.

HTH,

David

--
David Wheeler AIM: dwTheory
david@wheeler.net ICQ: 15726394

Re: [Bricolage-General] error: Apache->print timed out [ In reply to ]
David Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 10:28 AM, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > [info] [client 207.214.64.208] mod_perl: Apache->print timed out
> I'm guessing that you're using either IE on the Mac or Netscape 4.x on
> Windows 9x. Am I right?

yes, win nt, netscape 4.7

> This issue has been fixed and will be in the next major release of
> Bricolage (1.6.0). In the meantime, I recommend that you use Mozilla or
> another Gecko-powered browser.

ok, thanks,

erik

Re: [Bricolage-General] error: Apache->print timed out [ In reply to ]
On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 10:44 AM, Erik Steffl wrote:

>> I'm guessing that you're using either IE on the Mac or Netscape 4.x on
>> Windows 9x. Am I right?
>
> yes, win nt, netscape 4.7

4.x is problematic under NT, too, eh? Pity.

FWIW, Netscape 4.x will no longer be officially supported in Bricolage
1.6.0. Although it should continue to work reasonably well, you might
encounter some formatting abnormalities.

Regards,

David