+ I have a source group for bloggers that should limit the sources that they have access to when creating stories. However, as far as I can tell, the source group does not enforce the permissions. Bloggers see all the sources, no matter what I set the permissions to (unless I set deny on All Sources, then they see nothing).

Has anyone worked with source groups? Thoughts on a next step to test this?

Phillip.
Re: Sources group not limited sources? [ In reply to ]
On Jan 9, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Phillip Smith <ps@phillipadsmith.com> wrote:

> + I have a user group 'bloggers'
>
> + I have all kinds of other groups that limit what they have access to: elements, categories, etc. These all work as expected.
>
> + I have a source group for bloggers that should limit the sources that they have access to when creating stories. However, as far as I can tell, the source group does not enforce the permissions. Bloggers see all the sources, no matter what I set the permissions to (unless I set deny on All Sources, then they see nothing).
>
> Has anyone worked with source groups? Thoughts on a next step to test this?

Do you have source groups and permissions for the other groups? Do those work?

David
Re: Sources group not limited sources? [ In reply to ]
On 2013-01-09, at 11:24 AM, "David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Phillip Smith <ps@phillipadsmith.com> wrote:
>
>> + I have a user group 'bloggers'
>>
>> + I have all kinds of other groups that limit what they have access to: elements, categories, etc. These all work as expected.
>>
>> + I have a source group for bloggers that should limit the sources that they have access to when creating stories. However, as far as I can tell, the source group does not enforce the permissions. Bloggers see all the sources, no matter what I set the permissions to (unless I set deny on All Sources, then they see nothing).
>>
>> Has anyone worked with source groups? Thoughts on a next step to test this?
>
> Do you have source groups and permissions for the other groups? Do those work?

Not sure what you're asking here? Which other groups?

Sorry! Maybe I need another coffee. ;)
Re: Sources group not limited sources? [ In reply to ]

You said:

>> + I have all kinds of other groups that limit what they have access to: elements, categories, etc. These all work as expected.

Do any of them also try to limit access to source groups? If so, does that work for them? If not, can you try adding permission limitations to one of them to some source group?

If it works for the other groups, something is up with the way you have things set up for Bloggers. If not, then it’s probably a bug in Bricolage.

HTH,

David
Re: Sources group not limited sources? [ In reply to ]
On 2013-01-09, at 11:33 AM, "David E. Wheeler" <david@justatheory.com> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Phillip Smith <ps@phillipadsmith.com> wrote:
>
>>> Do you have source groups and permissions for the other groups? Do those work?
>>
>> Not sure what you're asking here? Which other groups?
>>
>> Sorry! Maybe I need another coffee. ;)
>
> You said:
>
>>> + I have all kinds of other groups that limit what they have access to: elements, categories, etc. These all work as expected.
>
> Do any of them also try to limit access to source groups? If so, does that work for them? If not, can you try adding permission limitations to one of them to some source group?

I'll have a look, but I don't think I can limit access to source in an element or category group?

I.e., I have:

Blogger Categories (limits category access & works)
Blogger Element Types (limits element type access & works)
Blogger Workflow (limits access to workflow & works)

Then Blogger Sources, set up identically vis-a-vis permissions, which limits access to only certain sources, but does not work.

I'll poke around a bit more, but I sensing this is a bug...

Phillip.