Mailing List Archive

Error on copying template to new output channel
Hi,

I've created a new output channel (call it 'oc_1040') and created a template for that output channel (called '/blog/radio-ni/cover.mc'). This template was an exact copy of a template which worked fine in an old output channel. However when it gets called it gives the following error:

"
could not find component for path '/util/archive_list.mc'

Error Details (hide)

Fault Class
HTML::Mason::Exception
Description
generic base class for all Mason exceptions
Timestamp
2012-03-02 09:08:35.000000
Package
HTML::Mason::Request
Filename
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/HTML/Mason/Request.pm
Line
1226
Stack:

could not find component for path '/util/archive_list.mc'

Stack:
[/home/newint/bricolage2/data/burn/comp/oc_1040/blog/radio-ni/cover.mc:6]
[/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.4/HTML/Mason/Component.pm:135]
"

The offending line of the template, number 6, is:

"
my $_docs = $m->comp( '/util/archive_list.mc', limit => 25, category => $cat, element => ANY('story', 'blog_post'), site_id => 100, order => 'first_publish_date', );
"

So why would calling /util/archive_list.mc from a template for one output channel work which calling it from an identical template for another output channel would fail?

Any help appreciated :)
Tom
Re: Error on copying template to new output channel [ In reply to ]
Hi Tom,

> So why would calling /util/archive_list.mc from a template for one output channel work which calling it from an identical template for another output channel would fail?

'/util/archive_list.mc' is probably in its own output channel (maybe one called "Utilities" or something like that).

Your new oc_1040 output channel has to be set up to include templates from this Utilities output channel. You'll see this option under "Template Includes" when you're adding/editing an output channel.

HTH,
--Greg
Re: Error on copying template to new output channel [ In reply to ]
On 2012-03-02, at 11:46 AM, Greg Heo wrote:

>> So why would calling /util/archive_list.mc from a template for one output channel work which calling it from an identical template for another output channel would fail?
>
> '/util/archive_list.mc' is probably in its own output channel (maybe one called "Utilities" or something like that).
>
> Your new oc_1040 output channel has to be set up to include templates from this Utilities output channel. You'll see this option under "Template Includes" when you're adding/editing an output channel.

Yep. :)

--
Phillip Smith
http://phillipadsmith.com