Any direction what to check next?
Thanks.

Regards, Zdravko
Re: file distribution slow [ In reply to ]
Hey Zdravko,*
*
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Zdravko Balorda
<zdravko.balorda@siix.com>wrote:

> I'am having quite a few issues here. I have imported
> some 25000 stories into Bricolage, and now file distribution
> became very slow. A file every 3 sec. approx. They used to fly out.
> Now, publish jobs are finished faster then distribution jobs.
> I use bric_queued for handling publishing.

What's your Move Method in your Destination(s)? If you're using SFTP, take
a look at the version of Net::SSH2 you have installed. We had some issues
with distribution performance that essentially boiled down to incongruities
between libssh2 and Net::SSH2. I recommend you upgrade both packages and
see what happens. You'll also want to make sure the ssh service on your
destination server does *not* have debug mode enabled.

-Nick
Re: file distribution slow [ In reply to ]
On Jan 16, 2012, at 7:05 AM, Nick Legg III wrote:

> What's your Move Method in your Destination(s)? If you're using SFTP, take
> a look at the version of Net::SSH2 you have installed. We had some issues
> with distribution performance that essentially boiled down to incongruities
> between libssh2 and Net::SSH2. I recommend you upgrade both packages and
> see what happens. You'll also want to make sure the ssh service on your
> destination server does *not* have debug mode enabled.

I think those were fixed in Net::SSH2 0.34, yes?

Best,

David
Re: file distribution slow [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com>wrote:

> I think those were fixed in Net::SSH2 0.34, yes?

Yep, on 2011-05-07.
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RKITOVER/Net-SSH2-0.40/Changes
Re: file distribution slow [ In reply to ]
Nick Legg III wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:21 PM, David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com>wrote:
>
>> I think those were fixed in Net::SSH2 0.34, yes?
>>

> Yep, on 2011-05-07.
> http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RKITOVER/Net-SSH2-0.40/Changes

Files seem to fly fast. It looks like Bricolage has lost the rhytm.
It has 1000000 lines in job table?!

Zdravko
Re: file distribution slow [ In reply to ]
On Jan 17, 2012, at 5:08 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

>> Yep, on 2011-05-07.
>> http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RKITOVER/Net-SSH2-0.40/Changes
>
> Files seem to fly fast. It looks like Bricolage has lost the rhytm.
> It has 1000000 lines in job table?!

Sorry, what are you asking here? Has your issue been fixed?

Thanks,

David
Re: file distribution slow [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jan 17, 2012, at 5:08 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
>
>>> Yep, on 2011-05-07.
>>> http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/RKITOVER/Net-SSH2-0.40/Changes
>> Files seem to fly fast. It looks like Bricolage has lost the rhytm.
>> It has 1000000 lines in job table?!
>
> Sorry, what are you asking here? Has your issue been fixed?

Yes, indeed it was. Our systems people have squezed the ftp valve.

Regards, Zdravko