Mailing List Archive

Media Publishing Question
Hello,

i'm implementing bricolage in a environment which has storage
limitations. in this conext i was wondering if is there a way to use the
media uploaded into bricolage instead of publishing it avoiding the
copying it to the publish server and thus avoiding file duplication?

thanks
Re: Media Publishing Question [ In reply to ]
Hi Iván,

Technically, it's possible, in as much as you could put all your media
documents in an output channel that does not publish to the same
destination as your stories.

But it's not a good idea. One of the great strengths of Bricolage is
that it does not serve content. Exposing your Bricolage machine to
front-end web traffic takes that away from you.

I'm surprised to hear that storage is an issue, when disk space is so
inexpensive. Are you dealing with HD video or something like that?

All the best,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
Re: Media Publishing Question [ In reply to ]
El 29/04/11 08:19 a.m., Bret Dawson escribió:
> Hi Iván,
>
> Technically, it's possible, in as much as you could put all your media
> documents in an output channel that does not publish to the same
> destination as your stories.
>
> But it's not a good idea. One of the great strengths of Bricolage is
> that it does not serve content. Exposing your Bricolage machine to
> front-end web traffic takes that away from you.
>
> I'm surprised to hear that storage is an issue, when disk space is so
> inexpensive. Are you dealing with HD video or something like that?

yes, actually video is a requirement